DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all....brand new to this forum...and it seems to have alot of info. I have a problem with our 2000 Intrepid. When slowing down, the RPM's drop low and it dies (it did not do this in the winter, but with the air on, it has gotten bad). It starts right back up but every stop after driving for a long bit it is dead again. I took it to Autozone to run the codes and it says P1297. The guy there said he didn't know what that was but from reading on here...I would assume it has something to do with the MAP system. I called a different Autozone in town to check the price of the MAP sensor (and he DID know what it was) and it is $185.00....so before I buy this is there any information that you all would have for me?

Thanks so much,

Brian Crow

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Wow, there's been a lot of posts about MAP sensors lately. $185 seems a little steep. Rockauto.com has it from Standard Motor (p/n AS138) for $81.99. They ship quick too. I ordered from them recently and their prices and shipping are excellent.

BTW, what engine do you have? I see different p/n's for the 2.7, 3.2 and 3.5. I looked up the 2.7, and see that the 3.5 part is a little cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for your reply.....I have a 2.7. The 82.00 looks a little better than $185.00....especially if that doesn't fix it. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts