DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I "accidentally" released the adjustment on the shift lock mechanism. I put it back on and adjusted per the FSM and everything is working normally, but there's an audible "click" coming from the shifter assembly when I press the brakes while in park. I'm convinced it wasn't doing this before, but I'd like to verify... any pacifica owners out there have a second to go put their car in ACC or ON and hit the brakes and tell me if they hear the click?

·
Registered
534 Posts
My ex-fiance's parents Pacifica used to not do it, but recently I noticed it did it last time I rode with her, but then again the car is in pretty bad condition, it's either ticking real bad or knocking, needs brakes, and motor mounts.... I told them get the motor mounts and I'll put them in for free because I don't want any of them getting hurt..... The brakes aren't too bad but needa be replaced. And I'll tell them to get the oil changed with a heavier oil and if that doesn't work then I'll be more convinced of it being a knock and I won't' know what to tell them, I don't think higher octane fuel would actually fix it, would it?

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My ex-fiance's parents Pacifica used to not do it, but recently I noticed it did it last time I rode with her, but then again the car is in pretty bad condition, it's either ticking real bad or knocking, needs brakes, and motor mounts.... I told them get the motor mounts and I'll put them in for free because I don't want any of them getting hurt..... The brakes aren't too bad but needa be replaced. And I'll tell them to get the oil changed with a heavier oil and if that doesn't work then I'll be more convinced of it being a knock and I won't' know what to tell them, I don't think higher octane fuel would actually fix it, would it?

I'm 100% the click is coming from the center console shift mechanism. 100%. Key in on position, push in brake, shifter clicks, let go of brake, shifter clicks again.

As to youer question, does the knock increase frequency when the car accelerates? If it's a mechanical problem with the engine, heavier oil only delays the inevitable.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm 100% the click is coming from the center console shift mechanism. 100%. Key in on position, push in brake, shifter clicks, let go of brake, shifter clicks again.

As to youer question, does the knock increase frequency when the car accelerates? If it's a mechanical problem with the engine, heavier oil only delays the inevitable.
I believe when you press the brake it's just then shifter unlocking so you can put it in gear, but it's just my thought on it, someone with better knowledge should be chiming in soone hopefully LOL

And ya know what, I don't really know, you can hear it outside of the car, but not inside, I'll have to check it for them next time I see her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts