DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help from the computer savvy crowd here. I have been unable to access the "Whatever" forum for a couple days now. Not that I'm actually missing that much probably, but it could be another forum next time. Anyway, when I try to enter, I am sent to the tried and trusty "Page not found" page.
Page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I have done the obvious, cold restarts, logged out and in to erase cookies. I can access by clicking on the last thread posted in, then go thread to thread by clicking on "previous thread". Just can't get to the main list.
I have M/S XP, and IE version 6.0. What do I need to reset?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like you've done the obvious. How about downloading Firefox or something else and seeing if you can get in. That way, we can determine if it's your computer or your connection.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
Thanks, I might try that. It's an 1 1/2 hour D/L for me. Will I be able to easily go back to IE if I don't like it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went into tools in IE, deleted cookies = No, can't get into "Whatever"
Deleted cookies and erased history = No
Deleted cookies and erased history and deleted Temp Files = No
Opened a new account here = Yes....got into "whatever" one time, after that No
Downloaded Firefox = YES...can get in everytime, but my dialup accellerator doesn't work with Firefox (at least I don't know how to do that), so navigating this site is almost impossible.
So I figure I have a glitch in my Internet Explorer. Can't figure out how to uninstall it, always says I can't. Tried installing over it = No
Went to Hard-drive... compressed files, deleted Temp Files, ran scandisk and defrag = No

So hopefully this info will help someone guide me through the fix. Thanks to Sander(s) (is it Sander or..) and John for the help already, and in advance to any one else. :chicken:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.