DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had some bad weather in naz recently and i noticed those little white specks of nothingness starting to show up...what do yall use to touch up the paint?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Pictures first off- I'm a detailer and in order to really tell you exactly how to fix the problem I've gotta see it. Second- this sounds like clear coat chipping and not the actual paint yet. There really isn't anything you can do to fix the areas where its already flaking and peeling- but you can try and save it by babying the paint in that area, do things like gently wash your car every week- wax your car every few weeks, and lightly polish + seal the paint every few months. If the car gets bird **** on it in between washes then carry spray wax in the car in a microfiber and spray wax clean the bird **** or bugs off the paint as soon as possible to prevent deterioration to the clear coat. Also in AZ try and park the car in the shade as much as possible, sun may make the paint look good, but its not good for the paint.

Now if it does indeed turn out to be chipped paint then what you can do is roll into the local dealership body shop, and have them do a paint match and mix you up a bottle of touch up paint, they are typically about 12$. After you get that I will explain the touch up process because its slightly complicated if you want perfect results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts