DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My side moldings are fading paint at the top of them and wondered if anyone has ever seen a dodge intrepid with the side moldings taken off completely. I'm guessing the factory painted under the moldings so it should still be fresh paint. Just an idea...

·
Registered
9 Posts
the side moldings are held on by industrial strength double sided foam tape. If you go to your local body shop, they can remove the moldings in about 15 mins. unless your pant is REALLY faded, you shouldn't notice anything. (if you do this, post pics, am considering the same)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I would like to persuade you otherwise... If you remove these panels with the intent to never put them back on you will be leaving the outside edges of your rear window exposed. and it looks really bad! There is factory paint under there but it has a bunch of recesses & clamps for the window under there. You can take them off yourself, however be very careful. Take a scraper under the bottom edge of the panel along the window and feel for that aforementioned foam tape. then just scrap it loose and away you go. Beware of the fact that there are 2 chincy (sp?) clips that clip underneith the edge of the rear window. You can't just pull out once you get that peice of tape undone. You have to pull towards the front of the car. If you happen to break them off, as I did, you can epoxy them back on without a problem.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It easier to paint them yourself though, tape of the car and drap a tarp over it, sand em down good, prime em, paint em ,sand em , you got it.. looks great that way too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts