DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I saw this guy sponsor another forum/group, Dtmpower.net . I submitted a quote request and he quoted me some where around $400. here's the run-down...

Re: FORM SUBMISSION

The following kits are available for your car:

Hood, Fender and Mirror Kit: $160
Bumper Kit: $260 (ES)
Bumper Kit: $180
Headlight and Fog-light Kit: $70
Door Edge Kit: $5
---------------------------
$415 for a standard
$495 for an ES

Free Shipping

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Skip

Protective Film Technologies
Herndon, VA
703-944-7076
I think it may be worth it, at least looking into any way...
Get your quote here...
This guy's fast he got me a quote within a couple of hours...

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
i know the 3M film is really good, not sure about how much the kits are though, but from what i hear, the stuff works pretty well

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I've heard good and bad things about using it. And like many things, the quality is based on what film you use and the installation of it...

·
Registered
781 Posts
yea, i would get the 3m stuff and have it professionally done, that way if they mess up, tell them to do it over... the 3m stuff is very similar to the 3m window tint and it blocks UV radiation and helps prevent paint fading...

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
yep, they did a special on the 3m stuff on one of the shows on powerblock, i think it was horsepower tv, but it all depends on installation, and they say it isnt easy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these guys use the 3m stuff. it looks pretty easy to install, but i would make them do it for fear of what it would look like after i was done... lol :eek:

just thought you guys might want to look at this, sure as hell is better than a bra...

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Looks like a PITA to install. I'd worry about the edges peeling up over time, too...

Cool idea though! Wouldn't it be great if these were like the NASCAR windshield tear-aways?! lol! No more scrubbing or waxing! Every month or two rip off a tear-away, and it's good as new! :biggrin:

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
If you want to see how it looks like on a car, (assuming this place you called is far away from you), try calling around to car dealers. Some dealers offer this as an option for your car. I know when I went to the Subaru dealer a couple months ago, they pointed the 3M film out to me and they had STi with it on. You really can't see the film until you get close up to it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That doesn't seem like much of a deal, I picked up my headlight and fog lamp "Stone Guard" for $59. With some soapy water in a spray bottle its not that hard to install but, with the front bumper being as curved as it is, I would probably spring for pro installation...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I havent done much "shopping" around for that...

i'd have to get a new paint job before i get that anyway, so prawlly not a possibility for me... too many rock chips already :mad:

I was talkin like if i installed it, i'd worry that there'd be wrinkles and air bubbles... damn butterfingers... :sarcasm:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
smc1377 said:
If you want to see how it looks like on a car, (assuming this place you called is far away from you), try calling around to car dealers. Some dealers offer this as an option for your car. I know when I went to the Subaru dealer a couple months ago, they pointed the 3M film out to me and they had STi with it on. You really can't see the film until you get close up to it.
How obvious it is depends on how well you take care of the unprotected paint around it and much care you take in keeping polish and especially wax from building up around the edge. Many of the cars I've seen with it you can easilly identify the borders of the film by the thick white line of wax residue...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts