DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened, I bought myself a 300M. She's a 2001 in Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl Coat that I picked up after an add on Kijiji. Overall, she's in not bad shape cosmetically but the engine is dead. It had a rod knock when I bought it, we figured it could make it home(30 miles away) but it didn't even make it 10 miles before the knock became to great and the engine died. I ended up having to have the car towed to it's new home by a wrecker. I got big plans for it, hopefully they pan out, so stay tuned!

And here are the pics.

My favorite accesory! :love:

The interior, it's used, needs a VERY good cleaning, but it's not staying!

A few interesting additions, turns out it's an early build 300M Special Pro-Am Edition!

Needless to say, there getting removed.

The engine situation is being thought over, I got a few possibilities to consider from throwing an engine together from another 3.5 I have kicking around that was running while removed to dropping in a good low millage engine to completely rebuilding one. Like I said, stay tuned!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have a matching woodgrain wheel for that interior if you want to buy it I'll sell it extra cheap not sure what shipping would be.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a matching woodgrain wheel for that interior if you want to buy it I'll sell it extra cheap not sure what shipping would be.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm in all likelihood selling the interior in the car and installing my Light Taupe/ Dark Slate Special interior.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think we're gonna have fun with this one buddy! Glad you finally got a sunroof!
Me to! If it didn't have a sunroof I would have most likely not bought it.

Looks like the start of a nice car, where is the chrome shifter??
When you going to take it to mecca (Ross)??
The chrome shifter missing is a disappointment, but I think because it was built in February of 2001, thus a later build car for that model year, the chrome shifter had been discontinued by then. The car probably won't make it down to Ross's for a good little bit, I still need to swap a motor into it, get it inspected, plated and insured. I will be taking the trep down though and picking up some parts from him. Can't wait to get started on her!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Start call you Ross Jr. All these parts and cars and free time. BTW, nice find
lol! Thanks Chris :hay:

Well I got a bit of time to work on the M today. Started by removing the special plenum badge from the hood first thing. Then I moved on to the vent visors and the satellite radio antenna that was on the trunk. Also, turns out the engine still runs even with the bad rod knock.

I tried a Charger spoiler I picked up a while back on the car. I've got mixed feelings about it. Let me know what you think

One more interesting thing, I'm thinking the car has PHP because of the tire rating on the sticker bellow. Can somebody tell me what's different in the PHP cars compared to the non-PHP versions. I figure the struts and speed limiter are different, what else?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well today was an interesting day. I started off by pulling the seats out of the car, mid-way through the battery croaked on me so I had to find a way of moving the seat, thank god I had my cordless impact and a power seat pigtail. I also pulled the door panels and the center console all in preparation for pulling the carpet that is NASTY! After that I went to the dealer and got the build sheet and SKIM PIN number for the car for when I get some extra keys programed.

On a discouraging note, when I was at the dealer I asked them to look up the serial number on the spare engine I had kicking around. I thought it was an '04 3.5 HO out of police cruiser, well it turns out the engine had been swapped on the cruiser and changed for a 3.2 Concorde engine. I was considering rebuilding the engine but now that it's not a 3.5 that's going out the door. So now I'm looking for another engine. So here are pics from today.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts