DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whattayaguys think? Good, bad, indif?

I took off the trim to paint the rear, I don't recommend this, when I put it back in and replaced the window the window chipped the paint, so in retrospect I'd just mask and paint.

Or, I can just to do the pillar like in this picture...

let me know --Jake

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i like it. my black is so dull and the bottom ones along the window are dull and feel funny. I cant seem to get them shiny anymore on my concorde. I like the way yours came out

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just worried it makes the windows look too small. The windows are big compared to most cars, but just a thought...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Out_Cold1999 said:
I'm just worried it makes the windows look too small. The windows are big compared to most cars, but just a thought...

UH UH UH small compared to what LOL ya have seen the 300C right <G>

·
Registered
467 Posts
I use mothers back to black on it, works good. the stuff I bought to dress up my probe's weatherstripping (isn't available to replace anymore) so I tried it and it worked great. I think I'll debadge the "ES" and tint the windows dark like IntrepidCUB's setup.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
As much as i've been downed in the past for it, i'm going to give me opinion: I think it looks cheap and ricey. There, I said it. I've always thought that the intrepid looked best with no external modification, except maybe a spoiler and rims. Its like finding the rarest white panda and painting him black, and then you have no original white pandas left. This car is almost extinct, and will probably be not seen again in the next 5-10 years, so I'd like to keep things as stock looking as possible, except for things you can easily change back. Just my opinion. Holler at your boy...

Josiah

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Painting the upright ones between the front and rear doors looks bad - period. It needs to be black to blend the front and rear windows. Even more so with tinted windows.

To do it right you need to paint them black to match the stock appearance. I would try to match the stock satin finish. Where you painted over the rubber parts - they will begin to shed the paint shortly from wind wash or heat.

I tried mothers back to black as mentioned and it doesn't last long at all because it isn't made to work on the metal trim between the windows. Also tried 3 step cleaner-glaze-wax and that didn't last long either.

At least you are trying something - mine have that faded blue-black look to them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
looks good, just a little rough on the edges, but that can be touched up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
well like I said It chipped when I put the window back in that was enormous *****, just fishing for thoughts... I still haven't made up my mind. I always enjoy the constructive thoughts of others...

I kinda like the break it makes between the front and rear. I think Keiths look really good like that...

·
Registered
750 Posts
What i would do :) since the car is white and it contrast so deeply i think do the middle section but leave the half moon shape on the rear doors Black. i think that will keep the intrepid lines and make the windows look bettr, are your windows tinted?

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Hmmm...I don't like it at all. Even with the paint not chipped, I wouldn't like it. Good effort though! If at first ya don't succeed.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm just experimenting with pretty much anything at this point, the Trep will be getting a new paint job in the very near future so I'm just trying to decide what I'm going to do... I appreciate all the comments folks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts