DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Painting Plenum

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JoeKD 
#1 ·
I'm looking to paint the lettering and lines on my plenum... white lines, red lettering. What paint should I be using under the hood for this purpose?

#2 ·
I would think any high temp paint would be good for the plenum. It gets hot, but not like a cat would so High temp paint should work. Just make sure you clean it real good before you touch it with paint, and maybe rough it up a little bit so it adheres good.

#5 ·
No you cannot powder coat the composite manifold. If you want an easy way to paint just the lessters and lines then buy paint pens form any craft store or even Walmart. If you want to spend some $$ there is a guy on the prowler boards who sells a vinyl kit.

The best way to do it is to remove the plenum and paint it with adhesion promoter and high temp paint but of course this takes time to do

#6 ·
I'm working with it on the car. I tried doing it with touchup paint pens but doing just one of the lines took 10 minutes, I certainly don't want to be using a paint pen, even with the brush end of it, to do the letters with all of their surface area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.