DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so during my boring days at work ..... i asked permission to work on the car while not doing anythin lol so here is the first part of the samding which is 80 grit using the 3M paper from walmart

so far this is what i came up with
TRUNK

REAR QUARTER

iT;S AMAZING HOW MUCH BONDO U FIND ... EVEN THO ITS GONNA BE THE ONLY NASTY LOOKING SPOT ON THE CAR

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ug what a miserable bondo job! Good time to cut an weld!
thats what i might do... or re-bondo ... im good with that stuff

Painting question for ya guys ... should i scuff the paint up??? or take it to the metal like some spots are already down to

red circles are the bare skin

there is more on trunk (alot more) and i didnt kno what to do

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
If it were me i would get the entire area as smooth as possible then skin the entire area with another coat of body filler then sand it prime it and paint it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Oh your doing a complete color change well that's ah Dodge of a different color lol.

Fix all the problem areas and scuff sand the entire car lay down a white base coat then your color then clear coat.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only the areas that have been repaired have to be primed but if you choose to prime the whole thing you still can.
ok sounds good pics of progress will be posted... also just posted an emblem for the hood so now i kno i can remove that ... mow all i neeed is the lettering for the trunk :)

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Don't bring it down to bare steal - the factory paint base is better than anything you're going to apply - so the more you leave in tact, the better the health of the metal.

Just scuff it. bring it down to bare metal where needed (rust), but body filler before paint.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't bring it down to bare steal - the factory paint base is better than anything you're going to apply - so the more you leave in tact, the better the health of the metal.

Just scuff it. bring it down to bare metal where needed (rust), but body filler before paint.
and the only reason that its going to the metal is cause the trunk is so "bubbly" in spots

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I think once i get my bodywork started/finished im just going to spay the whole thing down with truck bed liner then it will be almost indestructible lol.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts