DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am by no means a painter, so my question is => What is the standard application process in order to make certain that the paint will properly adhere to the reflector bar and not easily chip or peel down the road?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm no expert either, but I GOTTA help a brother in blue. I've actually done some plastic model cars in my time, and I believe the method for most plastics is to scuff it really good with sand paper, then apply your primer, then your paint, then your clear coat. You can sand between coats for a really smooth finish. Also, if you plan on nightshades, skip the primer step, obviously. Don't use a really harsh sandpaper for the scuffing, just something that takes the shine off, and makes a good surface for the paint to stick. I plan on doing the same things to by Blue Baby so let me know how yours turns out!

Joe beat my by like half a second, but I just elaborated on his post anyway lol.

Josiah

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... hoping to get that done in the very near future. Going to paint it deep sapphire blue and niteshade the center brake light portion. Should take care of the damage done by the water that made its way inside the lens. I like the new sig page Josiah! Maybe some day I'll actually make my own. It is on the to-do list for this summer. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts