DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted some input from my DI.net family. I have decided to paint my side mirrors. I wanted to get them painted to match the body color but the lowest price I was able to find locally was $175 does that seem right? Or should I just get them done is a high gloss black and save some money.

Don't hold back let me know what you really think. I need to know so I can get this done PC (pre-Carlisle). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Why not do it your self, good sanding to get good adheasion, care on spraying so that you got no runs, with 3 or 4 good coats, then lightly wet sand again to smoth and remove any imperfec tions, then clearcoat.
Not hard, just take your time and it will come out perfect.
Body colour paint should be available at most auto supply stores.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
If you have an extra set I would definitely give it a try. I would love to do mine but the inferno red pearlcoat is really hard to spray properly, even some bodyshops have trouble getting the color to look right, which is evident from my dark ass front bumper!!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think the mirrors and window trim looks best in black, regardless of body color Keith!

Gotta get your PC mods in though, I'm doing the same thing! lol

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
If you have an extra set I would definitely give it a try. I would love to do mine but the inferno red pearlcoat is really hard to spray properly, even some bodyshops have trouble getting the color to look right, which is evident from my dark ass front bumper!!

Too much red, or no bright silver under coat first.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ummmmmm......why not just spend a couple hundred more and try to find some silver 300m special mirrors that are body colour from the factory?

Rob

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Waiting

Have been doing that for about two years Rob. Usually when a set appears then I am broke. So I decided the next best thing would be to just get a set of color matching mirrors and attempt to create my own custom signals. Maybe I will just wait until you get ready to take yours back to stock and buy yours....

:eyemouth: CDN R/T

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Avenger said:
Ummmmmm......why not just spend a couple hundred more and try to find some silver 300m special mirrors that are body colour from the factory?

Rob

Exactly what I was thinking but, I bet they are hard to find.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Go for it and post some pics if you do a good job I may send you mine to complete for me or even better yet do the ones on the Silver Trep and I will send you my spare set.
I do have a can of PS2 code paint for her car.............but I hate silver.

Kidding. Gotta give ya ****! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Well, had I realized this weekend was a 4 day for us, I would have went this weekend. But a huge amount of my cash is going into repairing my den AGAIN from a few weeks ago when it flooded. No flood insurance. But...I am sure I will make it over there sometime in the near future. When are you planning on headed that way? Might could organize something.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Donor

We are going to have to have a serious conversation at Carlisle.

But for this thread I think I have found my donor signal mirrors. Look what I got for $18 delivered. Mirrors are going to be painted next week and then the transplant will be completed. Yeah I know I should have do the transplant before painting but the mirrors were dropped off at lunch and I just happen to run up on these this evening. Gotta love that ebay item 8067243404

1 - 20 of 29 Posts