DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint the black outline around the windows because right now some of the black is chipping off. First off is this actually possible to paint. Second what would be the best paint for it?

Don't know what color i want to do it, but i was gonna strip it down to bare metal, just gotta be carefull..

Any input would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i believe the pieces you are talking about are plastic (the B pillar between the two doors and the C pillar behind the rear door). It's a pretty standard procedure to paint them... sand, prime, paint, clear. Many other have done it, just try a search for more info.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , didn't know what they were called, umm can these be removed? figured i'd ask while i search.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes the y can be removed. Jut open the door and carefully pull the black rubber pice that is next to it (weather stripping) and behind that are the four or five screws that need to be removed. Be careful when you remove the weather stripping because i think there are some plastic things that hold it that nedd to be pulled out. Good luck

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i would assume just masking acround the metal pillars and sanding,priming and painting would be my easiest route, instead of trying to take them off. Could you recommend any good paint for what I want to do. Straight black again is what i want to do. And for the c pillars, i know that is not metal ( which i think im right ) what could bring the color back to that? it's also black

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts