DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Intrepid has started having a part throttle surge problem for the last couple days. The car's fine under heavy throttle or at idle, but starts to surge and miss if I'm cruising using light throttle. After running a search on here I went out and shot carb cleaner around the intake manifold gaskets and vacuum hoses while the car idled to see if I noticed any RPM changes...nothin'. (Don't worry, the motor was cold!)

The car has 110K on it and still runs great...I'd like to keep it a long time. In the last 30K miles it's had O2 sensors, plug wires, timing belt and new injectors, so I don't think those are suspect. I'm in the process of putting in new plugs, fuel and air filters and PCV valve.

Anybody else got any ideas what the problem could be? The computer's not throwing me any codes, and besides the surging she runs fine!

Thanks,
Butch

·
Registered
56 Posts
Butch, keep us posted. I can't think of anything right now, but this may happen very slightly to mine as well. I'm not sure if it is my imagination though, so keep me posted so I can check the same thing on mine. Good Luck, I hope it's simple!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grrrr...Got everything put back together but nothing's changed. The car does seem to run better cold, but it could just be my imagination. I just hate to take it to the dealer and have them charge me over $70 just to "diagnose" it!

It might be just a coincidence, but this started right after filling the car up last Sunday. It's been real wet here for weeks, I wonder if a tank of bad gas could have this affect.

·
Registered
321 Posts
if you got water in yourtank form crappy gas that could do it try to find the water dryer in the local auto sote that my solve it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts