DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am parting out a Dark Navy 2002 Dodge Intrepid with a 3.5L engine. The car served faithfully for 12 years driving to O'Hair and back for work. The engine has about 213,000 miles. Oil was changed regularly every 3k miles with synthetic and everything was kept in great shape. Around 206k the timing belt failed and caused all the valves to impact the pistons. I put on another set of 3.5L heads and valves and replaced the timing belt. Ran like a top for another 5k miles before I got a knock. I have played around with the motor replacing the heads again, rocker arms, valves, ect. I now believe the problem to be a spun rod bearing. I no longer want to work on this engine so I am parting the whole vehicle out.

The top end of the engine is in great shape, good heads/rockers, new timing belt, new coolant overflow tank (they tend to crack), ect. Everything is in great shape minus the bottom end of the motor. The interior is also very clean, after every winter it was thoroughly cleaned to get rid of the salt. The exterior is pristine as well, hardly any rust except a few small spots on the bottom of the passenger door.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or post in this thread for prices, ect. I've sold around on several forums (fordrangerforum.com, and 76-72chevytrucks.com) and sold quite a bit on those so hopefully I posted this ad in the correct forum on this site.

I have no problem shipping anything. I have never shipped any large items (such as body panels) but I could figure out freight shipping if anyone needed anything.

I am located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago in case anyone wants local pickup.

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yeah, the whole interior. I'm broke right now though, so don't worry about me :p Looks to be in great condition, so Good luck with sale :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd be interested in the seats front and rear, console, possibly auto climate controls and CD player, the steering column trim, shift cables, possibly more. I'm located in green bay wi and could drive down to pick up but would have to be worth it. Pm me and we can work on something

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be interested in the seats front and rear, console, possibly auto climate controls and CD player, the steering column trim, shift cables, possibly more. I'm located in green bay wi and could drive down to pick up but would have to be worth it. Pm me and we can work on something
Holy cow! PMing you now!

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
keep in mind you have to replace more than just the climate head to switch from manual to auto climate, if that's what you're doing, but he will have everything you need!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: I'm scrapping the car next week or so. I have scrapped most of the motor except the plastic pieces, PS pump, alternator, and starter. All of the interior is disassembled and up for grabs. If anyone needs anything let me know so I don't scrap it yet!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,458 Posts
How much for the seats?

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
Do you have the 2 metal plenum braces/brackets (one left, one right)? I'm going to install an intake spacer and would like to pre-prepare those.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have the 2 metal plenum braces/brackets (one left, one right)? I'm going to install an intake spacer and would like to pre-prepare those.
I scoured through the rest of the parts I had, and I couldn't find them. They were probably tossed in the scrap bucket a while back. Sorry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Taking offers on everything (seats included). Scrapyard is picking up the shell (hopefully) Monday.

·
Premium Member
16,960 Posts
I scoured through the rest of the parts I had, and I couldn't find them. They were probably tossed in the scrap bucket a while back. Sorry.
OK - thanks for looking.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,750 Posts
I may be interested in the BCM. How many miles on the car exactly, and do you still have it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Car is gone. I saved all of the interior parts. Seats, trim, seat belts, dash, radio, console, shifter + cables. Give me offers if you want, otherwise I am just going to give all the parts to the junkyard to sell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts