DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to try and sell some parts off my 2.7L 51,000 mi. motor ? If you read my other thread (http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77738) about my motor blowing you'll know why. I was thinking of salvaging the non sludge parts (alternator, a/c stuff, fuel rail, manifold, computer, everything). I called a few local junk yards and they are not interested. eBay perhaps or paper ad. Is it worht my time to strip it ?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
You can get $150 - $200 for it complete usually on ebay. Ive never had much luck trying to part them down. Usually a/c compressors/starters sell the best. The rest depends on finding the right person.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. In that case, I might as well keep the parts for myself. I'll check eBay for prices. Thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Where do you live Maarass ? Canada by chance ?

maarass said:
Is it worth it to try and sell some parts off my 2.7L 51,000 mi. motor ? If you read my other thread (http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77738) about my motor blowing you'll know why. I was thinking of salvaging the non sludge parts (alternator, a/c stuff, fuel rail, manifold, computer, everything). I called a few local junk yards and they are not interested. eBay perhaps or paper ad. Is it worht my time to strip it ?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Parting Out?

I understand that your Trep is a 2000 from your other thread.... Is it an SE or an ES?

I would be interested in the upper intake plenum/manifold and PCM if it's an ES and the price is good.

Let Me Know

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wretched said:
I understand that your Trep is a 2000 from your other thread.... Is it an SE or an ES?

I would be interested in the upper intake plenum/manifold and PCM if it's an ES and the price is good.

Let Me Know
Yes my Trep is a 2000 ES 2.7L with about 50K on it. I'll be talking to my mechanic to see if he'll strip some parts for me. Let you know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kcarlos2000 said:
Are you just selling engine parts....

Nevermind I do not even know why I asked that question.
Haha, yeah just the motor parts. I'll see what I can save.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts