DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title says it all. The char gold one has a relatively recent rebuild (about 10k, thanks to this forum for all the information) and has been sitting for a while. The hood was put back on after the fenders were removed as well. The transmission is shot. The silver one is a parts car; one of the rims is missing, so I don't have a full silver set. It's never run for me, the engine is seized. However, I'm told it has a freshly rebuilt transmission. The interior obviously isn't in good shape, it's been exposed to the elements. That about sums it up; feel free to ask any questions. I'm only selling the good engine and transmission as whole units, but I'm willing to strip the blown ones for parts. AFAIK all the computers work and the sensors, at least on the char gold one, are good. It will need an intake air temperature sensor because I put a plug there and relocated it to the custom intake I built it.

EDIT: that was a stupid error on my part. The char gold one has a freshly rebuilt engine.

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
51,431 Posts
That should help people decide whether they want any parts. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Reactions: Ephraim

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Title says it all. The char gold one has a relatively recent rebuild (about 10k, thanks to this forum for all the information) and has been sitting for a while. The hood was put back on after the fenders were removed as well. The transmission is shot. The silver one is a parts car; one of the rims is missing, so I don't have a full silver set. It's never run for me, the engine is seized. However, I'm told it has a freshly rebuilt transmission. The interior obviously isn't in good shape, it's been exposed to the elements. That about sums it up; feel free to ask any questions. I'm only selling the good engine and transmission as whole units, but I'm willing to strip the blown ones for parts. AFAIK all the computers work and the sensors, at least on the char gold one, are good. It will need an intake air temperature sensor because I put a plug there and relocated it to the custom intake I built it. View attachment 41738

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Quick update; I'm going out of town tonight but I have certain parts already pulled and someone to ship them. I have the ecm of the char gold one, one 95 tcm (fully updated), another 95 tcm (which I don't know the software version of), a 97 tcm (none are slap shift), the evap canister, and a couple other things that I'll update this thread with when I get home. The bcm from the char gold one is good, the one from the silver one is bad so I only have one bcm.

Edit: I also have the alternator pulled already. I may have the power steering pump pulled before I head out, will update if I do. I can't sell the rack and pinion in good faith since it leaks ps fluid, but the pump is fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're willing to ship to Canada, I'm interested in the ATC module (the device that controls the climate/temp located below the radio) if it works. My current one is starting to crap the bed and I don't have a working spare.

I also see you have an Infinity CD radio - interested in that too if it the display works. Could also use some windshield wiper jets if those are available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm certainly willing to ship to Canada. Last I checked the ATC module in the char gold one works, I'll check it when I'm back in town. I'm not sure about the one in the silver one; when I turned the ignition "on" it started acting of it's own accord (but that might be the bcm). The Infiniti radio head works, or at least it did when I tried it. Will also check it when I'm back. I've got a full set of jets; since they're so small I'll just stick them in with either the module or radio for no fee.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have returned to town. The silver Intrepid has been sold, but I pulled the radio head and atc module before it rolled off. I will test them in the char gold car for function then let you know. The char gold one is also going to be sold soon, so I'm going to open a conversation with you and this thread can be closed. I still have a few parts I already pulled that aren't going with the car and will keep an eye out for individuals in need.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Has anyone had any successful transactions with this guy? I sent him my shipping address over three weeks ago. Still waiting for a response so I can complete the deal. I get it that ****/life happens, etc. but really?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,431 Posts
As long as no money has changed hands...consider yourself lucky. Not the first time this type of crap has happened.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,431 Posts
No money involved, fortunately.
Looks like he joined about 2 months ago and was talking about the crap condition of both intrepids and shortly after posted the For Sale stuff. Claims he was "Lurking" for awhile for repair advice.

Take it as it as....most likely a lost cause.

If I'm selling something on here or elsewhere...I provide a 2nd means of communication to legit buyers so they're not limited to the forum for the only communication. That would be an non gmail address and/or cell phone number, Just sayin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts