DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here been to www.partsexpress.com? I've bought stuff from them for three years now and they are really good.

Their house brand, Dayton Audio is really good for the price, check them out. I just got one of their quattro subs for a small sub project for my computer, best 8 inch driver I've seen in a LONG time.

I don't work for them, just wanted to spread the word about a good company.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I agree. For driver replacement and custom home theater construction, this is the place to get your parts. One thing that sucks is that you have to pick your drivers by matching the specs with your particular application and "hope" that when it's done, it sounds the way you want. Of course if you're building your own system you have to take that risk anyway.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yes, the great pastime: custom subs!

On those custom PC speakers, the 70w amp should be fine but you might check out the quatro subs, they have a bit more xmax than the reference series, the reference is more of a general woofer, not a sub although it would make a nice sub, the quatro is more suited to sub duties.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
hardwareguy said:
On those custom PC speakers, the 70w amp should be fine but you might check out the quatro subs, they have a bit more xmax than the reference series, the reference is more of a general woofer, not a sub although it would make a nice sub, the quatro is more suited to sub duties.

I'm worried about the magnetic interference with my monitor (currently a CRT). The reference is shielded. I don't believe the quattro is. I have to figure out the dimensions of the cabinet. It may be too big for where I wan to put it. If so I will have to locate it further away from the CRT and in that case, it won't matter if the sub is shielded so I may go with the quattro.

Thanks.

I also live in an apartment so I have to worry about the neighbors. :)

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Just shield it yourself. They sell bucking magnets on there too... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts