DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's beloved 2000 intrepid died recently, water pump failed at highway speed and the engine is now seized up. I cannot complain to much as 180,000 miles on a 2.7. I was getting ready to to the water pump, but just did not get to it soon enough. :glum:

My question for the group -

My 2001 intrepid, 2.7 SE, which is going to become her car as I just bout a new ride, has developed an issue. The check engine light came one, when I tried to pull the codes - I go a check sum error, and now when I try to pull the codes I can/t even get the scanner to read them. I think that the computer might be shot, can I move the computer over from the 2000 to my 2001? Do I need to do anything to the computer?

The 2000 has remote keyless entry, can I move this over to the car? If so, where is the receiver located?

I am also going to move several of the other parts over, before I send her to the yard.

Thanks everyone in advance

·
Premium Member
17,327 Posts
'01 was a bastard year in transition to the more extensive changes in '02 - there are some wiring differences on the '01 PCM that will cause some nuisance problems (for one, ambient temperature sensor in '00 was read by the BCM, and by the PCM in '01). There may be other similar changes as well - I don't know the other details. Maybe someone else can address those.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Other issues include with or without SKIM but, I don't think the 2001 can be replaced with anything other than a 2001. That rule also includes the transmission controller as well if it should go out in the future.

If you're gonna scrap the 2000, do you have a pair of headlights? Foggy or not?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,016 Posts
The RKE module is piggybacked onto the BCM under the drivers end of the dash. I took a look at the parts catalogs and it looks like the 2001 RKE module has a different part number than the 1998-2000 and 2002-2004 years. The RKE from 1998-2000 can be interchanged with each other but won't fit 2002-2004 cars. 2002-2004 RKE will interchange with each other. The difference between those year ranges is the RKE has a 4 pin connection on the earlier years and a 6 pin connection on the later ones.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
usually when you cant pull codes even with a scanner,, you have a blown fuse,, someplace, on GM cars its the fuse for the lighter,, im thinking Mopar is the same,, check them,, even the ones at the end of the dash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts