DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you change 1994 dodge intrepid passenger side turning signal bulb? It seems it's sealed. Can I get into the seal to change the bulb?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do I find the clip? Can I get to it easily? Facing the lamp, is it to to left side? Upper or bottom? If the Assembly is sealed, can I get to the bulb without damaging the plastic assmebly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant WHERE do I find the clip? Can I get to it easily? Facing the lamp, is it to to left side? Upper or bottom? If the Assembly is sealed, can I get to the bulb without damaging the plastic assmebly?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I meant WHERE do I find the clip? Can I get to it easily? Facing the lamp, is it to to left side? Upper or bottom? If the Assembly is sealed, can I get to the bulb without damaging the plastic assmebly?
It's extremely easy - you're psyching yourself out. Pop the hood, look between the park lamp and the headlamp from the top - there are tabs on the park lamp with "hook" clips. Use a flat head screw driver, and put the screwdriver gently between the clips and the mount it hooks onto; gently pull outwards while you pull fowards on the park lamp itself.

Once you pull the lamp assembly off (outwards to the front of the car), the socket is screwed into the lamp. Twist it with a firm grip, pull the socket with bulb out of the lamp. The bulb pulls straight out of the socket - replace it without touching the bulb surface. Seat the new bulb by pressing down on each side of the contacts.

Then reverse order, except the only thing you do not need is the screw driver to put it back together. Simply line up the lamp on the sleeve and the mount hole, gently slide the lamp back on until it clips on.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Changing the corner bulbs is easy. If they only thought that far ahead with the headlights themselves.
Amen. I have replaced my headlamps twice, the left one again under warranty for a cracked mount.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I didn't have to do it more than once or twice with my car, but got to the point where it was easier to unbolt the front bumper cover and remove the bolts that held the entire crap-plastic headlight bracket from the front end. If you run the adjusters all the way out, to the point where they're no longer in the housings, that would leave enough room to get a hand in there, twist the old bulb out, and just barely get the new one in w/out getting your oils on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All of a sudden, the right turn signal light is working. But I now have a different problem. My 1994 Dodge Intrepid failed inspection because the right turn signal light didn't work as well as the brake light; not the two on the rear left and right where the signals are, but the one in the upper center at the rear window. I thought you only needed the rear left and right brake light counted during inspection. Anyway, how do I replace the bulb(s) there? I've tried today but the plastic doesn't want to disengage. I'm afraid I'll break it. The fuse looks OK.

·
Registered
443 Posts
All of a sudden, the right turn signal light is working. But I now have a different problem. My 1994 Dodge Intrepid failed inspection because the right turn signal light didn't work as well as the brake light; not the two on the rear left and right where the signals are, but the one in the upper center at the rear window. I thought you only needed the rear left and right brake light counted during inspection. Anyway, how do I replace the bulb(s) there? I've tried today but the plastic doesn't want to disengage. I'm afraid I'll break it. The fuse looks OK.
If there is a high mount light, it must be functional as well to pass safety. I changed my bulbs but it was awhile ago and I don't recall how it is fastened.. I can have a look later - I'm at work right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How? I've already tried it but am afraid to break the plastic cover. I found 3 clips & have tried them but it won't come out without possibly breaking the plastic.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
OK I'm nut sure what you mean by the cover even my Haynes manual makes no mention of a cover.
are you talking about the whole assembly?
does your break light have two small bulbs or just one large bulb?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When laying down in the trunk & looking up to the light, I see a cover with 3 white push-in clips & have tried them but it won't come off without possibly breaking the plastic. Can't tell if the break light has two small bulbs or just one large bulb.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts