DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the motor had gone out, but when I unplugged my courtesy light wires and tapped them to the window motor, the window came down! Motor sounds fine!
So I'm obviously not getting power to the motor via switch. The pass. switch nor the driverside switch for the pass. window work.

All of the other windows work fine with their respective switches as well as the driver master switches, and I'm pretty sure the fuse handles ALL the windows right?
Could it be in the driver master switch panel? Is the passenger switch fed off of the driver side switch panel?
Any help soon would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
All of the window switches are fed from the driver's master. If you're not getting power at any of the other doors, the first place to start looking would be the driver's door. See if you can backprobe the passenger door connection at the driver's switch while you operate the switch to check for power. If there's power, then somewhere between the driver's door and the passenger door there is an issue in the wiring. If you're not getting anything at the master switch for the passenger window then there's an issue in the switch. And yes all the power windows are controlled using one circuit breaker or fuse, not 100% on which is used as some cars use breakers instead of fuses for high load applications like power windows and wiper motors..

·
Registered
734 Posts
i get the same issue, but it was either raining or recently snowed when it happened. same window

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the same problem w/ my driver's side/rear window. Neither the MASTER driver's switch nor the switch at the actual window work. You think my switch could be the problem too?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,360 Posts
A very good possibility. Part # 5026 004AA MSRP $52.10...online $35.94 and usually cheaper at the wrecking yard. (Black Intrepid version..Chrome more)

·
Registered
19,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I first got this car back in '02, the back windows didn't work. I had a "certified"
electrical/auto guy look at it and tell me both window motors were bad. Well, I put it off for a few months, then it got real cold one night (below freezing) and I came out the next day, just happened to hit one of the back window switches on the driver panel, and the window came down! Heck, both of them worked! Seemed like the freeze fixed whatever was going on with the switches. They've worked great ever since!
So, I can say that I've never had a window motor go out. It's always been the switches with this car...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
that happened to me. I washed the car one day, rolled my window down and couldn't get it back up. Let it dry, then 3 hours later it went up. It happened one more time then never happened again, hope I don't jinx it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts