DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, last friday I lost to a '94 Saturn SL2 in my '94 3.3 Concorde. Oh well, at least I have an excuse- too much wheel spin. Bet thats the first and last time you'll hear the in connection with a 3.3 litre. Honestly, it was rainy out that day, and my friend's SL2 is soooo weak that even at WOT throttle the tires wouldn't break lose, where as mine broke at about half throttle. the guy was a friend of mine, and we have a re-match schedualed fo this weekend

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
??? How did you lose? I smoked one (or more) of those before in my 92 New Yorker with the 3.3.... I test drove a newer one once...think it was about a 2000....It was a joke. It had to work to get some speed. Lousy 1.9L with 132 hp. The dealer asks me what I think after we had finished the test drive. I said it was noisy and my New Yorker has more power. You want 17k for it? No thanks, I'll keep my NY'er.

·
Registered
467 Posts
rain...

[shakes head]

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
lool...yea you can easily beat it...I beat his girls ION with a bodykit...you know...the bodykit that adds 120HP...lol...she goes to my school and she saw me and started to rev at me, so i smoked her in my 2.7:D...maybe her being morbidly obese didn't help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Spin said:
I'd like to see you smartass's beat an ION Redline.
ok bring a redline by and ill race it. They suck ass, my ex g/f had the suv redline....what a slow pos. Im sure the ion redline isnt much different

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
lhsrider85 said:
ok bring a redline by and ill race it. They suck ass, my ex g/f had the suv redline....what a slow pos. Im sure the ion redline isnt much different
An SRT-4 should take it ;) You're not gonna beat an Ion Redline in any Intrepid without nitrous.

·
Registered
450 Posts
lhsrider85 said:
The Vue Redline will take any non-HO 3.5L Intrepids. The ION Redline has a supercharged motor.

Good luck.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Spin said:
The Vue Redline will take any non-HO 3.5L Intrepids. The ION Redline has a supercharged motor.

Good luck.
The Vue redline looks like a ****ing ricer-burner. The other one just looks ugly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dont know the vue redline seemed pretty slow to me. Its running 250hp which matches up to my lhs so id be a good race. The ion redline is only 205hp so even the intrepids could beat it with a few mods. And its true, at the end of the day its still a frickin saturn.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Engine : 4 cylinder, supercharged DOHC, front engine FWD
Displacement : 1,998 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 5-spd manual

Suspension : F - Independent MacPherson strut
R - Semi-independent torsion beam
Brakes : F - Solid discs
R - Solid discs

Horsepower : 200 hp @ 6450 rpm
Torque : 200 lb-ft @ 5800 rpm
Redline : 6450 rpm

Top speed : 144 mph
0-60 mph : 6.3 sec. ****(ive also seen people say it only does 7.1 which seems more probable)
0-¼ mile : 15.3 sec @ 94.5 mph
60-0 braking distance : 121 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.85 g

Curb Weight : 2960 lbs

**id say the ion redline take all lh vehicles based on these stats
but they look like plasticy pieces of garbage
it also has the center console driver display which i HATE
i would much rather have a calibert srt4 now
or a civic si in that range. the civic si has a way more refined chassis and better engine in the k-series.

is just me or do most saturns look like crap after a couple years?

·
Registered
450 Posts
lhsrider85 said:
I dont know the vue redline seemed pretty slow to me. Its running 250hp which matches up to my lhs so id be a good race. The ion redline is only 205hp so even the intrepids could beat it with a few mods. And its true, at the end of the day its still a frickin saturn.
Oh, the High Output 3.5L would take the Vue, I was talking about the normal 3.5L.

The Ion Redline is listed at 205hp (along with the Cobalt SS), but in reality make 218 on the dyno. It doesn't change the speed or anything, and I'm sure an Intrepid could beat it with some mods done. But then again, it all depends on what mods you do to it.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Spin said:
Oh, the High Output 3.5L would take the Vue, I was talking about the normal 3.5L.

The Ion Redline is listed at 205hp (along with the Cobalt SS), but in reality make 218 on the dyno. It doesn't change the speed or anything, and I'm sure an Intrepid could beat it with some mods done. But then again, it all depends on what mods you do to it.
I chased a kid in a cobalt ss a while back with my r/t. I kept on his ass but he didn't know how to drive. On the highway from like 60-100 it would be pretty close I think. I definitely couldn't have beat him in a drag race, they weigh nothing and those 4 bangers wind up quick. In a drag race he would have been too far gone by the time my power kicked in at like 3000rpm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts