DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul Dana died today practicing for an IRL race. It was a nasty wreck and while listening to Dave Despain it seems most didn't feel he was ready to race at this level. Danica Patrick and her teammate didn't race today. I know it's not Nascar but it's a shame anyway.

Those cars are too damn fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
I saw the clip of that wreck on speed channel this morning. after he spun out another driver T-boned him at about 180 mph. The car almost got cut in 1/2.

Dude was only like 29 or something. God bless his family and friends.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,553 Posts
Dana wasn't the one who spun out...that was Ed Carpenter. Dana was the one that T-boned carpenter's car at ~200mph... Surprisingly, Carpenter's the survivor of this thing. I wonder why Dana didn't slow down like everyone else?! The yellows were flashing all over the track... I guess we'll never know... That was a nasty crash...reminds me of the one that Zanardi was in a few years back that took his legs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
In2Deep said:
Dana wasn't the one who spun out...that was Ed Carpenter. Dana was the one that T-boned carpenter's car at ~200mph... Surprisingly, Carpenter's the survivor of this thing. I wonder why Dana didn't slow down like everyone else?! The yellows were flashing all over the track... I guess we'll never know... That was a nasty crash...reminds me of the one that Zanardi was in a few years back that took his legs...
Rookie mistake. Don't slow down with all the yellow lights flashing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
That really sucks, i hope all his family and all are doing okay, and God bless him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
467 Posts
maybe now IRL cars will be made safer :mad:

how many people have to die/flip/get their backs broken before the IRL steps up their design program to a modern safety standard? Schumie hit a wall dead on at 198 mph and lived in an F1 car because of their superior design...a IRL driver would be liquified in a crash like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know how much safer you can make them. I mean there's not much to them in the first place. They're too damn fast. I can't get over the fact that Carepenter didn't suffer any broken bones (thank god !). Still find it hard to believe but I'm so glad he's ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,207 Posts
adaptabl said:
Rookie mistake. Don't slow down with all the yellow lights flashing.
Look at the vid about 3/4 through it. A car camera shot (the car with a yellow front wing and red and yellow body) it shows the light is green. Not until after he hits it turns from green to yellow. It looks like a 2 lens system the left side is lighted green. Then after the car hits then it goes to yellow onto the right side lens. Anybody else see this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
SPOOK R/T said:
Look at the vid about 3/4 through it. A car camera shot (the car with a yellow front wing and red and yellow body) it shows the light is green. Not until after he hits it turns from green to yellow. It looks like a 2 lens system the left side is lighted green. Then after the car hits then it goes to yellow onto the right side lens. Anybody else see this?
I missed that the first timeand looked again. Spook's right, it's green.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, all I heard was the yellow was on, the light in the car was on and his spotter told him the yellow was out. Hmm...I think Spook is on to something here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,207 Posts
Funny i thought i was seeing things the first time i saw it. Some times my MS cause's me to see double and foggy in my left eye. But i looked at it many times, and paused it. And it still looked green to me and then switch too yellow. So i had the wife and my son look at it. And they agreed too. But the film is not the best, so maybe that has something to do with it?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top