DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody might be interested in purchasing a set of 1997 Prowler Throttle Bodies that are ported and polished. These TB's might be coming off of my LHS when I trade it in. I also have the PCM out of a 1997 Prowler that also will be coming out of my LHS. Let me know if anybody might be interested.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just curious...how much difference did those mods make? Could you notice a real improvement in power? Also...does the prowler PCM have a speed limiter on it?

Scott

·
Registered
587 Posts
Did the Prowler throttle bodies make much of a difference? And what about the prowler PCM? Obvioulsly it shifts harder and faster (any large improvement???) but does it advance the spark timing or anything like that to give the engine more power?

And how much do you want for each??

Oh, and btw, I have the autostick transmission....is your PCM the one made for the auto-stick tranny?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest these mods made a significant improvement in the car. I noticed a nice power increase in anything over 4000 RPM. The Prowler PCM does not have a speed limiter from what I can tell. I have had the car up to 135 and still had room to go. I know the speedometer stops at 120, but my buddy in his mustang was right next to me and he was running at 135. The PCM is out of an auto-stick car but it doesn't have any effect on the car because the trans controller controls the auto-stick feature.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will making my decision tomorrow if I am trading my car in. I will post another reply tomorrow letting you guys know if I am getting rid of the TB's and how much I want. Thanks again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the TB's and PCM from a Chrysler dealership here in NJ. I paid $200 for the TB's plus porting and polishing. And I paid $325 for the PCM. I bought these well over a year ago so the prices might be a little different.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Will that PCM work on any first gen intrepid? Which year prowler is if from? I am thinking of buying one now. I'd love to have any more details on your experience.

Scott

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott,
I don't know if it will work on any first gen 3.5L. What I did was I got the PCM wiring diagrams from the service manuals and compared them. From there I added any wires that I need and removed anything that my car didn't have. You will lose the factory alarm and you will have to add a sensor. If you want to know more email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gentlemen,
I am selling the throttle bodies and the PCM from the Prowler. Swartlkk has first dibs on the throttle bodies. Scott, if you want the PCM to test with I will sell you the PCM, the sensor, and the Prowler wiring diagram for $225. If Scott or Swartlkk doesn't want these pieces they are up for grabs. I am selling the ported and polished throttle bodies with a custom air intake for $200. If you have any question let me know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The TB's are up for sale if anyone is interested. $200 obo for the TB's and a custom air intake I am using with them. If anybody is interested let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am wondering if you still have the PCM for sale and if it would work in a 94 LHS. If available, please let me know..thanks
Merry Girl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts