DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not only did they burn up my cam sensor but they fried the PCM & said they are back ordered & need TWO :mad: WEEEEEEEKS to get a replacement. I guess they must have stopped building cars at the factory because if the damn things are backordered they must not have any for the production line!! Is this the case? Does DC rate us as second class citizens because we already own an Intrepid? I just can't fathom a part so important not always on hand. Hey DC employees out there, tell me whats :confused: up???

·
Registered
493 Posts
Dude:

I am not getting a warm fuzz feeling about my car.

3yr/36000 miles its gone.

I will sell it on DI.net

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't know, I just hit 40K, and I'm still going strong.

BTW, did Herb Gordon do that? I am not too fond of them. I go to Ourisman in Alexandria where I bought the car. They take good care of me.

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: MadTxn ]

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
MLFCA: Do yourself a favor and dump it quick. Mine started falling apart at about 70,000 KM. Im waiting for my new car and am just waiting for the next thing to break.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Madtxn, it was done at Herb Gordon. I may start going to Reed Bros Dodge. They worked on my Ram and never had any problems.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'd recommend Reed Brothers- my mom's Dodge Dynasty blew the tranny at 30,000 and Dodge wound up paying for it under warranty. We never had a problem with the car after that and got rid of it with 150,000 miles on the clock. I'm having them do the TCM update on Monday.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The saddest thing about all of this is the perception people are going to get by reading this and other similar stuff on the Internet. They are going to think that the Intrepid and any other Chrysler product is a P.O.S. that is built worse than a Yugo and, consequently, will avoid them.

All of which is sad because, all things considered, Chrysler products and the Intrepids are great automobiles. The majority of us already know this, but does everyone else?? No.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Wait until you get 50,000 miles on the car and then let us know. If I ever buy another DC car, I will keep it untill the waranty runs out and dump it that day. Mine was O.K for the first thee years but started falling apart at 70,000KM. I think many people feel this way. Thats why the resale value is see low on cars from the big three.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm not complaining- I put over 36,000 miles on my Intrepid in 1 year and the car hasn't given me any trouble. I did change the tranny fluid at 24,000 and maintain regular oil changes at every 3,000 and I will tell you that I don't baby this car at all.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
FYI, I am at 38K (almost 39) with no problems.

Do you think it is right, adaptabl, for the common consumer to visit this forum, read all about your Intrepid, and then base their decision on whether to buy one on what you've said??

I think you should be specific when you post problems and frustrations with your car. Make sure there is no doubt that you are indeed talking about YOUR car... and are not making a judgement of all Chrysler products or all other Intrepids. We know you aren't, but does the average Joe or Jane??

I doubt it.

P.S. My last Intrepid was outstanding. 178,000 miles with no problems. ('95 3.3L) But, my own advice applies to me too. This is just MY old Intrepid.

The moral: Opinions on cars are a dime-a-dozen...only the average of them all for a specific make/model has any real merit.

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: 00ChryslerIntrepid ]

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I'm right there with Intrepid99 - on my 4th LH car 2 1st gen & 2 2nd gen that have been great to me. No complaints, never bought an extended warranty and they do look good.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let me clarify this. I have no problem with the car. Things happen & anything mechanical can break no matter what the design (ie apollo 13 & space shuttle). I have issues with the supply line for dealers that work on our cars. I seriously doubt that production at the plant ceases because they have a back order. They have logistics people to make sure this doesn't happen. They should have that same someone watching the parts supply line just as closely as the factory supply line so these things don't piss off people that already own their products.

·
Registered
724 Posts
00ChryslerIntrepid said:
FYI, I am at 38K (almost 39) with no problems.

P.S. My last Intrepid was outstanding. 178,000 miles with no problems. ('95 3.3L) But, my own advice applies to me too. This is just MY old Intrepid.
my dad's just hit 170 same yr & motor

mine is just under 60 96 3.3l

no problems on either other than a steering bushing on the 95

·
Registered
202 Posts
redblurr said:
Well not only did they burn up my cam sensor but they fried the PCM & said they are back ordered & need TWO :mad: WEEEEEEEKS to get a replacement.
I have to agree with you...2 weeks on a piece of electronics, seems a bit too much. Hope they are compensating you with a rental car.

Ref other conversations about car reliability. I like to think of car reliability in terms of a "bell" curve. You'll have folks on one end have no problems, folks on the other end who have lots of problems and then the vast majority in the middle. Now the shape of this curve is likely to be skewed in towards the folks that have no problems, otherwise, word will be out and nobody will drive that particular car.

That being said, the majority of folks who say something about their car/start a thread, talk about a problem with their car and like advice on what to do or pass on what happened to them to help out somebody in the future. This is always appreciated but it does make the appearance of "lots" of problems with the model of car. The only place I can think of getting an agragate for car reliability is Consumer Reports. Until a better system comes along, I think that's the only place.

Also, a car breaking down is certainly a big inconvienence, proportional to how bad you need it/when it happens. So, you end up asking yourself, where on that "bell" curve am I with this car and would I do better with a different car. Wait's for parts and "poor" service will certainly impact a personal decision on what to do next. Sometimes the only thing to say is, "best of luck" that everything works out fine and "Gawd, hope that doesn't happen to me"

BTW: 26k miles and going solid and strong. Maybe I'm on that far end of "no problems" on that "bell" curve. ;)

Nuff said by me :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts