DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took some pics :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, chrome foil, NICE!!! I should wrap food in this instead of tin foil!!! Had the texture of a dried leaf......my buddy just pulled a small chunk off effortlessly.

Also lost a centre cap top yesterday (found it though)

NICE HUH? :D See why Chrysler SHOULD replace these under warranty???

BTW..........my sig pic was taken at the same time as these.........car looks good, rims don't.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEHE, I know........I'm just really happy right now........

My JVC digi cam actually took some GOOD shots!!! :D Only had to go in for warranty work 3 times totalling over $1000+ US in repairs. Don't buy JVC still digi cams if you ever see one!!! :D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Looks like a safety issue. Given more time the wheel could fail.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Damm its peeling on the inside part of the rim? Thats crazy! Warranty them ASAP.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't have extra $ to buy new rims and tires for the winter at the time..............and I didn't think that Chrome or Aluminum of all the things would rust like that???

VERY POOR materials and workmanship, UNACCEPTABLE. I WILL make it a safety issue when my court case proceeds. I just got a response from DaimlerChrysler Canada today and they are not interested in replacing them. I sent an email back (with some good stuff in it ;) )..........anyways, I gave them 7 days to reconsider their decision.

Looks like court is in my future. I don't see why they want to make a loyal customer mad and pay the $$$ to their lawyer instead??? If they think I won't proceed, they are kidding themselves!!!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Avenger said:
I didn't have extra $ to buy new rims and tires for the winter at the time..............and I didn't think that Chrome or Aluminum of all the things would rust like that???

VERY POOR materials and workmanship, UNACCEPTABLE. I WILL make it a safety issue when my court case proceeds.

I voiced that concern when I saw my dealer and he wouldn't buy that concern, but did agree to warranty replace them just because I had bought two cars from them in as many years. He did it as a courtesy only, under the understanding that it was a one shot deal. I was very lucky that I have a decent dealer and will continue to do business with them (they have franchise for many different makes). Other people, like Snortin Norton weren't as lucky, but I guess in Tom's case persistance paid off.
As far as the affordibility issue, I'm not made of money, either, but in reality I'm making my summer tires last longer, and 16's are a lot cheaper than our 17's to replace, so in the long run I think I'm ahead of the game.
Best of luck, but I'm afraid you are going to have quite the uphill battle...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Man that really ****ing sucks ass. If that happens to the SXT wheels, theres gonna be hell to pay. :angry:

·
Registered
34 Posts
omg they look brutal!!Bustard wouldn't help you??

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't go to Bustard.............I've never done any business there and I just don't think I should walk in expecting them to do something.

I was told by the author of the Lemon Aid car books that I have a "slam dunk" of a case.

I think I have a very good chance of winning in court.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Avenger said:

VERY POOR materials and workmanship, UNACCEPTABLE. I WILL make it a safety issue when my court case proceeds. I just got a response from DaimlerChrysler Canada today and they are not interested in replacing them. I sent an email back (with some good stuff in it ;) )..........anyways, I gave them 7 days to reconsider their decision.

Looks like court is in my future. I don't see why they want to make a loyal customer mad and pay the $$$ to their lawyer instead??? If they think I won't proceed, they are kidding themselves!!!

Thats how DC is lowing warranty claims. They deny valid claims. In the pre German ownership days, DC would of covered the problem for you. They did this to keep a customer for the future. Now they don't care about the customer. This is an example of how they act.

Keep after them and don't let them stonewall you until you give up. On of the girls that works for us had a neon thet blew a head gasket just after the warranty expired. The delaer said DC should cover it. They later called her back and told her DC said she was on her own. She didn't fight it out and paid for the repair. A few months later see was driving a new Civic. She will never buy a DC product again. Its not hard to see see why sales are bad. Customer service build loyalty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bustard's had never seen me before they got involved for the warranty on paint for the Shadow from Waterloo Dodge.But then they had just opened and maybe were just looking to get customers

·
Registered
836 Posts
adaptabl said:
Thats how DC is lowing warranty claims. They deny valid claims. In the pre German ownership days, DC would of covered the problem for you. They did this to keep a customer for the future. Now they don't care about the customer. This is an example of how they act.

Keep after them and don't let them stonewall you until you give up. On of the girls that works for us had a neon thet blew a head gasket just after the warranty expired. The delaer said DC should cover it. They later called her back and told her DC said she was on her own. She didn't fight it out and paid for the repair. A few months later see was driving a new Civic. She will never buy a DC product again. Its not hard to see see why sales are bad. Customer service build loyalty.
No **** hey, its them ****ing germans i swear, snobby assholes. You look back in the old sales brochers and it has "cutomer one" writen all over the damn thing. Now its like who gives a ****?? How DO they expect to sell cars if this is how they treat there loyal for many a ****ing year customers. The new head hancho's just dont see it i guess. It makes me mad and sad that times are like this nowadays, all cause of some ****ing money??? Thats messed up. Hopefully it will get better in the future, at least it better if any of the USA made cars even want to THINK about competing with import manufacturers (and thats coming from me, an anti-import car guy) Thats tellin ya something there. :(

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
(thinks to self why did I buy another DC) it doesnt look like I'll be buying RT wheels ever **** that ****!!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, they MIGHT be alright if you don't use them in the winter. Aluminum (non-chrome plated rims) might be alright year round too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hope they fix this for you, and when they do, get some winter wheels and tires. Aside from protecting my chromes, they transform the way the Trep handles in snow, slush, crud. Canadian winters are brutal on wheels (and bodywork).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts