DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dain bramaged
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 has a small bald spot and i've been doing research into it.
Ran across this and think its a good idea..

Beth Saturday, 6/21/03, 8:59 AM

How about a "Peeling Paint Resolution Day"? Spread the word and have everyone possible, across the country, drive their car with peeling paint to their local dealership at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, August 23, 2003. Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth, etc. would no longer be able to claim that it is an isolated problem. They would, possibly, be very happy to resolve the issue to get the hundreds of cars off of their lot on one of their busiest car buying days. Potential new car buyers would clearly see that there are unresolved problems with these automobiles and think twice before purchasing. There might even be press coverage to support our case. We could each request that they strip and repaint our vehicles at no expense to us. We would, obviously, need to do this firmly, but peaceably (resolution, NOT revolution). We could print business cards, as Mark Hickey has done at http://peelingpaint.homestead.com/index.html that we could put on the windsheld of other cars that we see with peeling paint to help spread the word. Any thoughts on this possibility?

Source: Link

·
Registered
321 Posts
its a known issue under the recalls for the dodge cars go look at alldata.com and other sites just scream recall on the paint job and they will do it

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
So if I got to my dealership and explain a peeling paint problem and that I've heard of a recall they'll repaint it? For nothing? I looked at alldata.com and saw nothing about paint....

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
recall on paint...thats the silliest thing i've ever heard.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Youch... I had an 88 Astro that did that crap. Was common for GM trucks/vans back then. Can't say that I've noticed it on that many Chryslers. I'll keep an eye out now though... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts