DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i'd use pennzoil if they paid for the oil, someone to change it so i don't have to, and a crappy car to run it in so when it breaks down i don't care. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
penzoil isnt the best but is fine and wont leed to breaking down...

Quaker State and Penzoil are the same thing except Quaker State has a lot of detergents which is why it has a blue tint to it when pored. Penzoil is the same except uses sodium for a cleaning agent...which isnt all that great. I parents have been running penzoil in their vehicles for years...they get it changed every 4k and the last vehicle was a **** Dodge caravan with the mitsu 3.0 and 3 speed. The trans was on it way out...and it may have used some oil in some instances...but nothing detectable...anyways if you know anything about the POS of a motor it was pretty good for 4k oil changes and 92k on it. The van is still going today.

I personally avoid penzoil if i can, but it isnt the end of the world in these cars. They arent known to break down internally and burn oil. They are known to last several expensive trannies before being put to rest.

Unless you are racing all the time just use a good name brand oil and change it as you should.

i really dont see why you guys run synthetics in these cars anyways...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just giving people a heads up. this is a cheap alternative to some pricey synthetics. plus, it's gotta be better than best regular dino.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
well, some Walmarts sell the 5 QT jug of Mobil 1 for $18.88 ......that's a damn good price. I've been using Valvoline duratec synthetic blend, but for my next oil change (real soon) I'm switching to Mobil 1......especially since I have the 2.7

·
Registered
589 Posts
damn i was going to say i seen that at walmart the mobil 1 5 qt jug is the hook up!!!!!!! cant beat that price . it sells almost 5.00 a qt at any autoparts store

·
Registered
64 Posts
not full synthetic

Penzoil isnt even full synthetic. It still has petroleum based stuff in it. Mobil 1 isnt even full syn. in its oil.
Valvoline's Synpower is 100% syn, and Amzoil is 100%, but I dont know of any others.

·
Registered
564 Posts
that is a cool site it says that their fuel injector cleaner is made by STP

·
Registered
37 Posts
Havoline is made from 100% sunthetic base stocks and is cheaper than the rest. After much research I've made the switch to synthetic also. One of the main reasons is in The Navy anything subject to extreme stress and heat like sheaves in the arresting gear use synthetics. (for the sheaves it's red Mobil speed grease)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Mobil 1 isn't full synthetic?! Since when? I just switched to it this weekend.....

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think he is thinking of the mixed blends, QS has some. But All oil,Synthetic or not are petroleum base, All are, . Were do you think the stuff comes from, It's man made? Well what does man use to make it? Petroleum. Hell, even Tires are petroleum based now, Plastics, Pantyhose, ropes, Dam never everything these days. It's just made Differnt that Dino oil, and yes, alot better stuff

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes, true synthetics are man made. The Castrol "synthetic" is made from dino and is not a true synthetic.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Mobil 1 is a true synthetic and is an outstanding steal at $18.88 here. I never use anything else.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Havoline is the best syn. that you can buy at a store.
Royal Purple, and Red Line oil's dont have scientific tests saying that they are the best. They just say that they add power.
The Quaker state syn blend is better than Mobil 1, lol. From the tests that I have seen. Mobil 1 says they are better than regular oil not syn. oils.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Would anyone be interested in buying some REAL 100% oil? I am not sure about shipping directly to customers homes but I will looking into it.
I am going to become a AMZOIL dealer and trying to sell over fourm boards sounds like a good idea. (with proper donations of course)
I was thinking if you put syn. gear oil and tranny fuild in our power robbing trannies that we might free up a good amount. I with a LS1 Camaro they freed 5 hp and I think 7 ft/lb just by changing the fluid.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
big_tiger15 said:
The Quaker state syn blend is better than Mobil 1, lol. From the tests that I have seen. Mobil 1 says they are better than regular oil not syn. oils.

You coulda had me until that last statement. Are you kidding me? Synthetic blends are never better that a true full synthetic. And mobil 1 is still the original and hard to beat, besides the Amsoil and Royal Purple etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts