DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I decided to potentially contribute to the Virginia budget by doing about 73 in a 60 zone on I-95. Of course some ass always tries to out-do me and is coming up behind me doing at least 90 in his Nissan Titan. Of course there's a problem. I'm in the middle lane, on the left is a tractor-trailer, on the right is someone slowing to get on the exit lane. The car on my right is a little bit ahead of me, but I was catching him. Surely, this guy is not going to haul ass and pass me on the right barely squeezing between me and the other car? Son of a *****, he sure did. Now being the asshole I am, I get on the gas and immediately take off after him to show my displeasure. Of course he takes off, gets in the left lane and is booking, and I get right on his ass, pretty much tailgating him. The guy SLOWS DOWN to 55. I check in front of him......nope, nobody is there. I continue this torture for a little while longer, then get back in the right lane as my exit was coming up.

Anybody else had an experience like this?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
yeah but im usually the guy that sees someone speeding up behind them and finds a way to box that person in so they cant pass. and then i just go along with traffic. when he finds a hole and speeds up to pass me, i speed up so he cant pass me.

what does that have to do with being a cop car? me and a buddy of mine were driving home one night and we saw this guy in a van swerving in a lane on the highway, it had to be like 4 am. so i decided we were gonna mess with him a little bit. i get right behind him (this was when i still had the R/T) and start flashing my high beams at him while my fogs are on. so whenever the high's went, the fogs turned off, and then turned back on when the lows went back on. did it for a couple seconds and sure enough, he pulled over. i dont know how many times i did that with that car, it was great

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
One of my brothers does instal work for Wheelen, a patrol car accessories company (light bars, cages, ect) and he does all the outfiting for police cars at his house. His company car is a Magnum with everything a modern well equipped patrol car would have and since alot of the local cities in KC are getting Chargers/Magnums its no suprise that everyone crawls infront of you.

Whenever he tests stuff out infront of his house people like gawk and stuff thinking the police are there for something.....

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
i used to get that all the time in my 2001 impala. everyone would do that to me on the highway or on a lonely street. i wanted to yell out "im not a cop" so bad once on the turnpike it wasnt even funny. i had one guy tailing me while i was in slow lane then he speed's up to pass me on the left, the car infront of his slows down drastically (i kinda figured out why, impala = cop in some cases here), i attempt to pass him on the left. when i do the idiot that just passed me slowed down hard. he was stuck in the left lane as there were about 6 or 7 18 wheeler trucks ahead blocking him from getting over in the right lane again. so i rode his ass. hoping he'd speed up but he kept the same speed. i couldnt figure out what to do as i was already behind to a training, so i blasted the music, nope that didnt help, i flashed my high beams (it was daytime tho) that didnt help. i slowed down and got behind the guy a passed a little ways back and he slowed down and got behind me. i remember the oh sh!t look on his face until i gave him a dead stare and he noticed i was some black dude in an orange ass cingular shirt. once he got behind me i passed everyone. we got off at the same toll but were going to different places.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Anybody else had an experience like this?
Yeah, countless times :D

With my car there have been all kinds of incidents. I've mistakenly pulled over a Greyhound even. Sometimes, if I'm wearing a yellow and black jacket, or balck jacket with blue stripes down the sleeves (the local uniform), the cops / ambulances / firetrucks themselves get confused and start waving at me.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
yeah but im usually the guy that sees someone speeding up behind them and finds a way to box that person in so they cant pass. and then i just go along with traffic. when he finds a hole and speeds up to pass me, i speed up so he cant pass me
This is a very good example of driving like a complete ass hat.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I get that a lot too. There’s a black Impala with tinted windows and the standard black in town, so when people glance in their rear view mirror and I have my steelies on, they just assume the my trep is just another unmarked highway patrol car, even though it’s a 1g not a 2g Intrepid. The frustrating thing is that most often I’m on a roughly 5 mile stretch of road with a limit of 35 that has no passing zones when this happens. So I’ll be cruising along between 35 and 40 when I come up behind someone who will then slow down to 30 as soon as the notice me in their mirror. (And no, I’m not provoking road rage by tailgating by any means, or even bearing down on them quickly.) The best ones are the people who not only slow down below the limit, but also obviously put their seatbelts on when they see me behind them. I’ve also had people pull onto side streets when I come up behind them, only to pull out behind me after I’ve passed without waiting long enough for me to get out of view. It’s funny because I can’t figure out how these people don’t realize how suspicious what they’re doing would look if I were actually police officer.

Edit: This is what my trep looks like without the 18s on it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
All the time Reggie, especially between Rt.10 and Chippenham exits on I95 in the morning and evening.

Once during my morning commute when I was wearing a grey shirt and dark sunglasses I noticed the middle lane traffic was parting like the Red Sea, I came up behind a guy in a hot Mustang. The Mustang slowed to about 55mph, so I stayed on him just to see how far this would go. After 2 lane changes he pulled off the hi-way at the Willis Road exit. I pulled off the road just past the on-ramp with my 4ways flashing and in about 2 minutes the same Mustang past me coming on at the Willis Road / 95 north bound on-ramp. Again I followed him until he got off at the downtown Broad St. exit. By way this guy was driving I knew he was sweating bulletts the whole time ! !

Yeah this happens to me all the time and it helps if you have the letter "H" as the first letter on your plate, people think it's some kinda "offical" car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
a friend of mine actually does that as a hobby... he baught himself a set of those undercover police car signal lights... you know the round magnetic ones you put on your roof. And build in a speaker in the engine bay of his VW Golf TDI and a mic under the radio... everything invisible if not used, so not a style killer.... but when he feels like it, he busts it out on the Autobahn and makes people pull over on random resting areas (as the real Autobahn Polizei would) and then takes off while the poor bastars end up pulling over on the parking lot and never really know what they should do now.... its highly illegal in germany, but quite entertaining... i bet you could do that here too.... merican undercover vehicles are a little more difficult to immitate though.... since you got undercover cars... that are not really undercoer, since they still look like police cruicers without lights and markings.... in germany we actually got random vehicles, that you cant tell appart from normal cars... even RVs... which still makes me laugh... Its amazing though when you see a freaking Porsche pull over a Beamer...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I get it in mine all the time, usually what I've done is when I'm ahead I'll purposely slow down and the idiot who's next to me will slow down too... like their too scared to pass me.

My cousin has an unmarked Dodge Charger and works out of Springfield, IL. He told me he loves to be speeding and people shoot pass him or get on his ass end until he cuts his lights on... then they immediately slow down. Some guy in a Cavalier went from being 10 feet behind him to almost 80 when they saw his lights come on...

·
Registered
193 Posts
How do you get pulled over on the Autobahn? Driving too slow? lol
Actually yes :D... there is a bunch of reasons to get pulled over on the Autobahn.... its not like everywhere on the Autobahn is unlimited speed limit... there is 120kmh (75mph) and 160 (100) areas too...

naw but with the too slow driving... imagine on a two lane Autobahn with no speed limit... some guy driving 60kmh is sure death trap for a porsche going 250... its like coming up on a wall at 200+... jsut dangerous... its also illegal to pass on the right... meaning you have to drive on the right side if you can... driving newbies tend to stay in the middle lane which is illegal if you can go right... same as in the far left lane... especially there, for the same reason mentioned befor.... imagine us poor little trappers going 180 or so, which is getting close too tops (110miles or so) on the left lane because we feel like it and an a Lambo is coming up on 320.... tends to get messy

people think the German Autobahn is this nice place where you can drive your brains out (well it is) but it has a lot more rules then any american streetsystem... which is probably why you pay about 2-3 grand for 18-unlimited hours of driving school befor you even get a license... expensive.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Lets see here, when I was in high school me and two friends were all driving up to the mall and we were in all three lanes going the same speed causing some what of a traffic jam. We were all going 70MPH in a 55 but everyone wants to do 80MPH.

Another time a friend of mine had a crown-vic police packaged setup. (no lights, had the grill, flood light and wheels, the car was white.) He installed silver stars that gave his headlights a blue tint and installed strobes. Late at night he would mess around with drunk drivers, if they swerved he would toss on his strobes and they would pull over instantly.

On parts of the autobahn that has no limit the minimum is 90MPH. Going 212MPH on the autobahn is kinda ruff. Most people go around 120 or 150MPH. Thats atlest from what I saw / been told.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts