DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you want to get a little better flow cut some holes in the air box :D
didn't know if anyone here did this at all, I saw a lot of people with K&N but no real cai's are offered yet so just an fyi
I did it before I got my intake it's good for a nice sound and a little better flow and mileage

·
Registered
502 Posts
Wow...titanofchaos, you've must have discovered something I don't believe anyone here has thought of yet.

I've heard of people cutting off the bottom of their airbox. Is that, like, (does the blonde hair twirl chewing gum) kinda like, the same thing as drilling holes into the airbox, like?

So would people with intake tubes with K&N filters on the end gain any sort of performance from drilling holes into their tube, if they don't have a box??

And now I'm gonna kick your dog, your cat, or whatever other pet you have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by ATFCharger:

So would people with intake tubes with K&N filters on the end gain any sort of performance from drilling holes into their tube, if they don't have a box??
um yeah boner! everyone here should cut a hole in their intake tube :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by nstenz:
Does she appreciate being called your "pet"? Just wondering... :)
you'll have to ask here, I'll make sure she sees this and gives you her opinion :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
So basically by punching the holes you go from nice dense cold air to hot air that is much less dense. Hmm seems like that will pretty much equal out. Oh I left the air box alone and just took the that goes from the air box to the fender out. This way it is all still blocked off from hot engine air, but has all the flow it needs. Just a thoought. Oh and at the drag strip, I pulled the right turn signal to give more access to air. It boosted my times -.050 sec. pretty impressive eh. Just goes to prove that those mopar designers actually have a little bit of a clue when they design these cars. However if you messed with air filter (changed to a cone and then somehow kept cold air from outside) this would help

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by jnutz:
pulled the right turn signal to give more access to air. It boosted my times -.050 sec. pretty impressive eh. Just goes to prove that those mopar designers actually have a little bit of a clue when they design these cars.
I wonder if they designed them like this or if they would think we were obessesed with these cars for tryin to free up a horsey or two like this
:p :D

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I drilled holes in the front of the air box. I felt a diffrence in the performance of the car. Some people like to get rid of it, but that only sucks in all the hot engine air.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts