1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Intrepid-Performance-Chip-Software-93-04-94-95-96_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33597QQihZ023QQitemZ360042256538QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Dodge Intrepid Performance Chip !??
What is this chip? Does it really work? Have anyone ever tried it?

Have never tried it, but I think it is NOT the best way to scatter 40$ :biggrin::biggrin:.
save yourself the hassle, and just send me the 40$. At least that way it won't go to a scammer.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Or send me the 40 dollars and it will be going to a better scammer... :). But seriously though, these chips can't be very good for the car. I'd imagine that most of them trick the engine into thinking that its running leaner than it really is. That way it compensates by injecting more fuel, which would make the car run richer and thus give more power. Same way when you do heavy acceleration, the car essentially just inject lots of extra fuel to provide you with power. But constant enrichment by the chip causes more hydrocarbon emissions (bad for the environment) and can destroy the catalyst...

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you take one apart, usually just a resistor in the box. Get the same thing for less than a buck at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
... you probably have about 20 bucks now since 1 year ago...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Performance chips ?? DISCUSSION

You will gain the horsepower, fuel economy and performance equivalent to reducing the car's weight by the exact weight of the 2 twenty dollar bills that were just removed from your wallet to purchase the chip!!:auto_07::nuke::beat:

Even your "butt dyno" will feel the performance difference: This difference will be from removing the padding of 2 twenty dollar bills from your wallet, you will feel an amazing difference in the G forces as you accelaerate!!!???///:smilie_sc:banghead::crying::multi:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
save yourself the hassle, and just send me the 40$. At least that way it won't go to a scammer.
:biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
they dont work on the first gen at all
(trust me i went down that road before)
it will NOT idle right.
it locks 1st gear and when it does deside to shift it locks second also
so yea they suck pretty bad

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lmao

Anyway I'm quite busy now with my trep and I don't have time for those scammers.
My trep needs new cradle bushings, transmission mount, headlight bulbs and a new paint job !!! :banghead:
Oh, I forgot, I still have to fix my trep's heater before the summer ends :crying:.

$$$

1 - 13 of 13 Posts