DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Read Only
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following the threads in this forum about replacing the air intakes (3.2/3.5) for an increase in performance. Does anyone have any actual data on how much of an increase was actually gained? I REALLY want to do business with GR8WHT, I just want to know what I am getting for my $$$.

-JigSawMan

·
Registered
336 Posts
I gained almost a full mph in my 1/4 mile trap speed using gr8wht's intake. Was actually able to hit 90mph for the first time and have been going to the track for about a full year now with my car. Previously I was in the low 89's or high 88's, but with Steve's intake I was running high 89's and a 90 all night. So it is giving a few more horsepower. I think it's well worth the money just for the way it makes your car sound when it's on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have ordered a G-Tech Pro and it should be here later this week (dang, more money) So I will have numbers of before and after mods.

Dyno runs are jsut too costly for me to keep doing.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hey all .... Just got back from a trip to Bali with all of my girls and need to post something! :) My intake (#3) by our Guru, Steve, is worth it if only for the looks! I've no numbers to claim so I'll tell you that the looks and that old style 4 barrel sound when floored is AWESOME. Rest is up to you. Of course I also hope to see good numbers from Steve's testing.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Ok, I'm sure this has been answered before. How does the intake go on? Is it rather simple to install? Also, how much does it cost? Anyone have a pic? I thought I saw one on the old forums, but I forgot what it looked like.

It sounds like everyone likes them. So I'm flirting with the idea of maybe getting one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
warlord ... it is not the easiest install because it fits tight. That is good, however, since you don't want to have it coming loose or falling off. I did it and I'm not a mech, so trust me ... if I can do it so can you. Steve gives a hint to make it go on easier, use a bit of soap on the rubber parts so they can slide on. I, of course, didn't read that part so I had to twist and push like a mad man to get mine on. So be sure to read all of it! :))

·
Registered
407 Posts
ok, got my intake installed yesterday and the car does feel noticeably quicker. I'm quite happy with it.

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: BK ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts