DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share my recent front brake job experience with everyone.

I took my 2000ES to a local shop for front brakes. I told them I wanted only quality parts, (rotors made in USA/Canada) and name brand pads. They suggested Wagner "Thermoquiet" pads and Wagner rotors. OK. After getting the car back I noticed that the rotors looked like the ones used on R/T's and 300M's with performance brakes - I.E. they were vented outward. (you can tell because the inside cooling slots are visable from the outside)
After checking part numbers on Wagner's web site and talking to my local shop, I discovered that the rotors used were indeed designed like the Performance Package rotors, (i.e. vent outward for better cooling) and they did seem to fit with no problems on my ES.

Cost ? - $125 per. Wagner part number BD125676

Moral of the story?
If you want Performance Package type brake rotors, this is a way to get them without buying Chrysler parts. According to the Wagner website, they also fit all '01-'04 LH cars with ABS, and European LH cars. (note - these aren't for 15" wheels)

Check out http://www.federal-mogul.com/aftermarket/us/index.htm and follow the links for "catalogs" and "make/model lookup" for all the Wagner LH rotor parts numbers.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Or.....you can spend 1/2 of that price and get iRotors x-drilled and slotted rotors with the outward venting.

I'm also running Wagner Thermoquiet pads.......but I think they're getting eaten/chewed up by the slots on the rotors?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around where I live, rotors for my car from the far east would have cost around $50 per. Bendix rotors cost around $75. Regular rotors from Chrysler were around $90. Any idea how $125 for these compares to dealer prices for Performance Rotors ?
And time will tell how long Thermoquiet pads will last with these.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
rightstuff said:
Around where I live, rotors for my car from the far east would have cost around $50 per. Bendix rotors cost around $75. Regular rotors from Chrysler were around $90. Any idea how $125 for these compares to dealer prices for Performance Rotors ?
And time will tell how long Thermoquiet pads will last with these.
Is that Canadian or US prices?

I didn't see a dealer listing for the R/T rotor, but the non-R/T rotor (15" and 16" wheels) is US$57. I'd expect the R/T rotor to be around the same. Info was taken from All Data.

Bendix, 145263, are US$63 through Advance Auto. That one is made in Canada.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=BEN&mfrpartnumber=145263

1 - 5 of 5 Posts