DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member here (just bought a '95 3.5L Intrepid about a week and a half ago).

Just wondering what kind of upgrades I could make to my intrepid that would benifit the performance the most (pretty much just the basics, no turbos or nitrous). Just wanted to put a little umph in the intrepid for a more fun ride. Any suggestions?

Also where is the best place to buy performance parts (autozone?). Since I haven't really tried modifying any of my previous cars, I wouldn't really know where to look. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Not much you can do for cheap and without extensivly changing anything to improve performance much.

Do a search on the civic intake and how people have used it on the 3.5 before. For best resutls expose the air filter to cool (ie. non engine bay air) air. The exhaust system is fine as far as flow goes. If you want more sound then go ahead and replace the mufflers with something of your choice.

Before anything, make sure the engine is running its best in stock form. Do a tune up (if it needs one) plugs, wires, fuel filter, change the oil, pcv valve, maybe run a can of seafoam through the intake system.

one of the really good bang for the buck upgrades are gears. You can do an 2.7 SE gear swap for pretty cheap for some added pep.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I really don't think that you are going to find anything useful, performance wise, from Autozone. I am not particularly up to date on the first gen performance parts, but I know that there is a thread about this topic, letme go find it. Oh, and welcome to the site from another Colorado member!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts