DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I used Pactra window tint. You can find it at your local hobby shops. It is for tinting RC car windows. Just make sure you get some 2000 grit sandpaper and some Acrylic clear coat too. I used Duplicolor clear coat. Be very careful with the clear coat. If you don't apply it just right, it mists and leaves an etched look, but if you apply it to thick, it will run and come out all nasty looking. You have to apply it kind of generously, at a little closer of a distance than you would with paint. Two coats of tint, two of clear wet sanding between coats.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wow, just wow, you have out done your self phucker.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SkyHawk said:
That looks fantastic, Phil! How hard is it really to get the lenses apart? I wouldn't mind trying it but I'm afraid of breaking the lenses. Any tips you have on getting them apart and putting them back together as well.
You don't take them apart, you just remove them from the car, and apply it to the outside of the plastic.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really appreciate all your comments, I was a little worried, once I had committed to this mod, that it wouldn't come out good. It took patients, it took all day. I had one foul up, I
had a run while applying the clear coat. I waited until it dried, and wet sanded that phuckin run right out! Applied the second coat of clear, and it looked awesome.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts