DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a VERY short decision and picking up a far, far better job than the last one I had, I decided rather than rebuild my aging Intrepid, I sold it for $1000 to my sister in law, and picked this up in it's place.

This thing, in comparison feels like a rocket ship that handles like it's on rails.
I'm just glad to have an extra reliable new car :)
And no, this doesn't mean I'll completely disappear like some choose to do with new cars. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm not a fan, especially for the money they want for those things (nearly as much as my R/T cost) but glad you've got a new ride.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey EDF,

Yeah those are nice cars, Maverick has a nice red one.

They handle great, and have alot of room for a small car.

Here is my buddy's car, I bought those wheels for him Chrome RX-8 Wheels (everyone needs a friend like me) for his birthday.

Since these were taken, we have painted the brake rotors and put Niteshades on the tailights

Charles

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's a hell of a genous gift, mathwiz, and yeah these cars DO handle very well, extremely well for it's segment.

Those rx-8 wheels are a great choice for the Mazda3. His ride looks mint. :)

For performance numbers for the GT I have, 160 horsepower, 150 torque, and 2800lbs roughly. I get very good compliments on it wherever I go, and it's completely stock. Very nice.

Here are some more pics. The paint looks awesome at night time too.
I plan on getting 15% tint all around on all windows. Possibly a 4-6" black tint on top of the windshield to have some protection for my eyes against the sun.

The car is a 2006 Mazda 3 Sport GT. In the U.S. it's referred to as a Mazda 3 S Grand Touring. Pretty much the same name. It's very nice driving a car off the lot with 3 kilometers on it. ;)

I pick up my free sirius satellite radio reciever, all mounting hardware/antenna and 1 year subscription from them next week. As well as lock nuts, free block heater they forgot to add (Free because I specified it before but they forgot to put it on, or charge me for it.)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Oh, LED tails......that's sweet! :)

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Nice rice i was jsut talking to my friend about how much im liking the mazda line thats coming out very nice.

Charles
i ever mention that i loved your car......

(i need some ebaich springs buddy hehe)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Vegas Trep 00 said:
Nice rice i was jsut talking to my friend about how much im liking the mazda line thats coming out very nice.

Charles
i ever mention that i loved your car......

(i need some ebaich springs buddy hehe)
That is Brad's car, you met him with me at the South Coast, he is my will to inherit the Intrepid if something should ever happen to me, I would turn over in my grave thinking about my wife driving my car, she managed to curb all four wheels on her car with in a year, I am still trying to figure out how she did it to the two on the driver's side.

Charles

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it's got the led tails, and they look awesome all lit up. This car really blew me away while test driving it.

To answer the question about H.I.D's.. they weren't an option here in Canada for some reason, but that doesn't mean I won't convert. ;) Now I get to pick which bulbs I want, and I already know of a VERY user friendly plug and play option available even for daytime running lights here in Canada.

I always thought my Intrepid with the 3.5 litre was quick, this one feels quite a bit quicker, and the handling is no comparison.

I sold my intrepid for $800 to my sister in law, instead of the original $1000, since she's travelling a distance to pick it up. But she's very excited to get it.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
check hidplanet for more details on the mazada 3.

I forgot u were from Canada, i know mazda is weird like that. Its the same with the nav systems and all for many vehicles. They choose to give us their **** mobiles and have US drivers get the cream of the crop. Ill tell u for sure why they do that in a few weeks when i start work at a local mazda dealer as a student intern LOL>.. i get to drive the shuttle hehe.... probably the mx5 or w.e that van/mazda 3 is called.

You will need to disconnect ur drls to run the kit (pull out the fuse). you will have some glare due to the design of the projectors but definitely better than the current h7 halogens.

If ure a total nut u can also swap out the projectors of ur new car... but im sure thats not an option.

Congrats again on the new car.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually, the canadian projectors are the same as the us ones I believe? Even with halogens, they have a very sharp cutoff when up against a wall.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
Actually, the canadian projectors are the same as the us ones I believe? Even with halogens, they have a very sharp cutoff when up against a wall.
No i meant swap the halogen for HID projectors like from an s2000.

Or the best idea would be to just get a set of mazda 3 HID headlights off ebay. They should be a direct swap.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah the mazda 3 swap would be direct, there's a kit being sold on the mazda3 forums which is straight plug and play, has a walk through, and the kit runs 300 or so. Even with the factory halogens though compared to my 1st gen intrepid, the lighting is severely improved!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts