DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally have pics from the valve cover gasket replacement/ engine dress up /trim dress up from the weekend. lemme know what y'all think. i apologize in advance for my roommate flipping off my car...but he's a ford guy.

this is how a ford guy works on a dodge

yes that is a hammer he is using

valve covers = gloss black
intake plenum = aluminum high heat paint
block, brackets, accessories, and exhaust = aluminum high heat paint
cross member where hood latches to = satin black with satin clear coat and offset aluminum bolts
fuel rail = cast iron block paint

now the trim pieces

wiper arms painted ford blue to contrast the satin black cowl

blacked out window button trim all the way around the car with gloss black

dash trim = gloss black
trim around radio and climate control = satin black with high gloss clear coat

blue neons wired in to switch on dash with sound sensor to pulse in time with bass

last pic, replaced all interior dome lights with ice blue 194 bulbs

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spraying the intake tube was one of the things we forgot until it was already back on the car, it will get painted soon though, i just need to pick up some more paint.

·
Registered
995 Posts
will...gotta say does look good. So when you get more time what i did to mine what ground off the fins ontop of the intake and buff the crap out of it till it glowed. did the same with the Alt housing and ac compressor. but it takes a lot of time to do, but worth it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The manifold paint isn't bubbling its the texture on the manifold itself. I'd have to take the manifolds off and grind em down and smooth em out. I've got exhaust manifolds on order right now through a local machine shop and they will come painted black with a 2,000 degree paint. As to the rails on the intake and the 3.3 V6 logo, those will be painted in a high heat gloss black to keep with the silver and black theme under the hood. They might also get painted blue instead, it all depends.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
It does look pretty good from a distance but I'm seeing a lot of over spray which is one of my pet peeves. I must say, it does looks a LOT better than some of the cars I've seen. The PVC intake scares me tho... but hey, its your car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the overspray you see in the early pics are there because we hadn't gotten far enough to clean em up. but the later pics of the engine assembled have no overspray since we cleaned it all up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts