DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gazetowardthesky said:
oooo ahhh... headlight covers and clear corners... very tricky
Yeah, the covers usually come off at night and occasionally I forget or am too lazy to put them on during the day, so at least with the clears they look nice either way.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I noticed the apc super white bulbs in those clear corners, as well. :D

Beautiful ride, but the only gripe I'd have is with the front plate, if you don't need one, don't put one there at all, let alone the holder for one. :D Cleans up the lines a bit. However, even though that's not in my tastse, you've kept your car up beautifully :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I like the dual exhaust... how do you have that run?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EvilDeadFan said:
I noticed the apc super white bulbs in those clear corners, as well. :D
With the clear corners being, well, clearer, the blue bulb shows up a lot more and to be honest I really don't like it, it reminds me too much of the ricers I guess. I'm looking into getting a whiter, brighter bulb without the blue.

My old headlights were pretty crappy, so I got brand new 95 housings along with the clears. Definitely looks better...

Beautiful ride, but the only gripe I'd have is with the front plate, if you don't need one, don't put one there at all, let alone the holder for one. :D Cleans up the lines a bit. However, even though that's not in my tastse, you've kept your car up beautifully :)
Unfortunately, I got another ticket and I've since put on my real plates...It sucks, but I'm just risking losing my tints as well by not having a plate, so I finally gave into the law. You're right though, if I ever decide to go without my real plates again, I think I'll take it off altogether.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lafrad said:
I like the dual exhaust... how do you have that run?
It splits back where the old muffler was and runs into two Flowmaster 40s on either side...Sounds pretty good, I'll try to get a sound clip.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sdwndr said:
Yeah, the covers usually come off at night and occasionally I forget or am too lazy to put them on during the day, so at least with the clears they look nice either way.
hmm.... that sounds familiar.... ;) gotta love clear corners & blackouts :D

which reminds me, i need to update my sig, but i'm lazy so maybe next week

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
not too bad... ive been meaning to ask you about the headlight upgrade.. did it help a lot with driving at night when the blackouts are on? I dont ever really take mine off so im just looking for anything to help. I just ordered some high quality fog light bulbs but id like to go all out.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Awesome pics and videos. Very nice ride. ;)

Btw, your exhaust sounds great (like a 3.5L). Did you debadge the doors, or does a 3.3L sound that good with 40's on it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gazetowardthesky said:
not too bad... ive been meaning to ask you about the headlight upgrade.. did it help a lot with driving at night when the blackouts are on? I dont ever really take mine off so im just looking for anything to help. I just ordered some high quality fog light bulbs but id like to go all out.
It might have helped a little, but it wasn't a huge improvement...To be honest, ever since I put in my "super whites", it seems to be much darker with the blackouts on, it must filter out the whiter light better. Whatever the case, I usually try to take them off at night, which can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but I've had some problems with the law with my tints, so I'm trying to keep the car as legal as possible.

Getting some seriously bright fogs will definitely help though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
argus said:
Awesome pics and videos. Very nice ride. ;)

Btw, your exhaust sounds great (like a 3.5L). Did you debadge the doors, or does a 3.3L sound that good with 40's on it?
The car is debadged except for the hood badge. For some reason, I don't think the clips quite did it justice (I know, everyone says that), so I'm gonna try to get one more clip up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice exhaust, you should post some pics of the underbody. Where did you get the clear corners from and how much did they cost? Cops are assholes about window tints. They don't like them because they want to see you when they come up to your car. They just shouldn't pull us over then they wouldn't have to worry about it. But that wont ever happen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ryno8705 said:
They just shouldn't pull us over then they wouldn't have to worry about it.
Yeah, I've often thought the same thing. The vast majority of people they pull over for tint are not criminals who are going to be pointing a gun at them...By pulling us over, they are needlessly putting themselves in a "dangerous situation". Although I've heard tints are also illegal because it prevents people from being IDed in case of a hit-and-run.

But whatever the case, it's illegal, so I guess they they can pull us over whenever they want. I haven't gotten a ticket for tint ever since I put a front plate on and started always buckling my seat belt.

If you do have tint and get pulled over, I highly recommend you roll all your windows down and put your interior lights on...I think they appreciate that, last time the guy let me off pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts