DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I havent been on this site very long but well ill let the pics do the talking but , i just bought a 93 ES intrepid from my neighbour for 300 bucks, said he didnt know if it would run or what not, sat for a year in his driveway cause he had a company car, he said his plans were to have it sent to the wrecker and have it crushed , he told me he hoped the scrapyard would give him 300 for it , soo he told me if i gave him 300 i could have it, i brought it home, charged the battery and flushed the gas tank, and the only thing it needed was a control arm on the right rear for inspection, the orignal had rusted through and obviously had to be replaced, i got a deal on a set of rims from a 300M VERY VERY VERY CHEAP (50 bucks for the set with rubber , my gf's dad had them in his basement) . soo all in all after installing my stereo (which i had in my old grand cherokee) installing the wheels, putting it on the road , replacing parts which had to be replaced and what not, i have LESS then $500 in this car and i think it was a GREAT buy.

Has the 3.5L engine, digital Hvac, no leather or sunroof, no spoiler, factory aluminum/gold ES rims which have new rubber (stored until winter) i cannot stress this enough, there is NO body rot on this car, AT ALL....the exhuast is new and this intrepid was undercoated since brand new. The tranny was replaced just before it was parked (have recipets) and i just had all the recalls done on it at the chrysler dealership where i work yesterday,

o did i mention the best part, the pics were taken today and there is a grand total of 141 567 kms on it or roughly 88 000 orignal miles on it!! :icon_cool

its making a great family car soo far but onto the pics

i still have my 75 dollar 94 concorde which i am using as a parts car,

if anyone wants to leave an opinion on my $300 dollar intrepid, or let me know a few problem areas i should keep an eye on, by all means im open to any comments, or advice on what to be ready for.

The car passed inspection no problem and the emmisisons testing no problem, runs like a clock, runs better then my moms 3.5L charger which is sad,

COmments, Questions, Advice ??
Thanks in advance guys
I hope to gain alot of valuable knowledge here .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You are one lucky sob what a freekin deal very nice!!!

i did have to get my hands dirty , and i spent over an hour last night polishing the ugly yellow out of the headlights, but sooo far everytime i look outside my door, im soo proud to know i have 300 bucks in the car and it looks that great, the pics dont do justice, i assure you, it shines like brand new!! guess thats what mothers 3 step polishing system does :biggrin: oo also i did give it a full tune up :) new plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter etc , she runs like a clock

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Great deal on the car! Please remember when searching to buy items or even reading there is some difference between the 93/94 and the 95-97. I cant remember what all is different but I do know there is some. Those 300M rims are not my favorite but do look good on your car. I perfer the special rims ;)

Next mod for you is Autostick lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a guy i work with tinted the windows for me, i work for a chrysler dealership , and the guy who tints all the new cars did my 93 "under the table" whole car, 80 bucks :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
holy crap I thought I got an awesome deal! and $80 bucks for tint job wow! and btw world dom and 94con, I have the exact same floor mat too!!! LMAO now all you gotta do is get leather seats and some mods!!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
That is a phenominal deal! Better have a little extra special something for your g/f on birthdays and Christmas for getting those rims so cheap, they look great on that car.
If you're ever in the market for a spoiler in matching colour, there's one at a yard not too far from you.

·
Registered
217 Posts
a guy i work with tinted the windows for me, i work for a chrysler dealership , and the guy who tints all the new cars did my 93 "under the table" whole car, 80 bucks :biggrin:

Can He do mine? 2002 Intrepid, asked him.

This can be done on a week end.

Oups forget it, I just check and Windsor is 900Km from Montreal....didn't think it's that far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I havent been on this site very long but well ill let the pics do the talking but , i just bought a 93 ES intrepid from my neighbour for 300 bucks, said he didnt know if it would run or what not, sat for a year in his driveway cause he had a company car, he said his plans were to have it sent to the wrecker and have it crushed , he told me he hoped the scrapyard would give him 300 for it , soo he told me if i gave him 300 i could have it, i brought it home, charged the battery and flushed the gas tank, and the only thing it needed was a control arm on the right rear for inspection, the orignal had rusted through and obviously had to be replaced, i got a deal on a set of rims from a 300M VERY VERY VERY CHEAP (50 bucks for the set with rubber , my gf's dad had them in his basement) . soo all in all after installing my stereo (which i had in my old grand cherokee) installing the wheels, putting it on the road , replacing parts which had to be replaced and what not, i have LESS then $500 in this car and i think it was a GREAT buy.

Has the 3.5L engine, digital Hvac, no leather or sunroof, no spoiler, factory aluminum/gold ES rims which have new rubber (stored until winter) i cannot stress this enough, there is NO body rot on this car, AT ALL....the exhuast is new and this intrepid was undercoated since brand new. The tranny was replaced just before it was parked (have recipets) and i just had all the recalls done on it at the chrysler dealership where i work yesterday,

o did i mention the best part, the pics were taken today and there is a grand total of 141 567 kms on it or roughly 88 000 orignal miles on it!! :icon_cool

its making a great family car soo far but onto the pics

i still have my 75 dollar 94 concorde which i am using as a parts car,

if anyone wants to leave an opinion on my $300 dollar intrepid, or let me know a few problem areas i should keep an eye on, by all means im open to any comments, or advice on what to be ready for.

The car passed inspection no problem and the emmisisons testing no problem, runs like a clock, runs better then my moms 3.5L charger which is sad,

COmments, Questions, Advice ??
Thanks in advance guys
I hope to gain alot of valuable knowledge here .
$300?? and he was planning on scrapping it???, and what's your story on the 75 dollar concorde??, the $200 concorde i bought looks like crap compared to your intrepid, that guy must've really loved you
did it come with tint?? i just love these lhs cars they have low resell value, but are REAL cars, my friends love the roomyness of the EV, and concorde i have wish yeh luck! -Canada

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well for first, i am lucky to have this car, second the tint did not come with the car, i had it done "under the table" for 80 bucks by the guy who tints all the new chrysler cars at our dealership , and third, my 75 dollar concorde was purchased from one of the salesman's brothers cause it had a spun rod bearing, it has a bit of rust on the lip of the hood, and some clearcoat is peeling off the roof and pillers but other then that its rust free and in great shape,the 3.5 spun a bearing so when i bought it, it was knocking pretty good, bought it with the intention of swapping the engine and driving it, after getting my intrepid, the concorde turned into a parts car donating all the parts i needed for saftey check inspection, the concorde passed the inspections 3 months prior to the engine blowing and me buying it soo all the parts were excellent condition, i have a post up in the buy sell trade right now as im parting the concorde out before i send it to the wrecking yard, if your interested in anything shoot me a pm or a email.

thanks for the comments on the intrepid though, soo far i love it :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts