Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
9,861 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
289 Horsepower? let's say 214 horsepower stock. Champion golds, slightly better than stock. Maybe add 2-5 hp max I'd assume, at the crank. Full exhaust, UP to 20hp. Depending on design. Non restrictive intake that pulls in cold air? UP to 10-20 hp freed up, at most, laboratory conditions...usually about 5hp.

Max, I see.. 214=40?= 254 imaginary hp. Plus maybe 20 magical horsepower from the chip, 274? at the crank? But I don't see any numbers like that coming off the dyno at the wheels with our trannie. THat, and let's hope you use the right oil etc.

You've got my respect for keeping your car in relatively good looking shape, and being enthusiastic about your car, but us frequent posters are the ones who are most farmilliar with our cars, doing mods, having friends in the car world etc. That's pretty hard to justify with a dyno sheet and or time slips at a 1/4 mile track.

Also, what's up with the hood pins? Those are usually used for a fiberglass/carbon fibre hood, since some people decide to ditch the original under hood framework because it greatly reduces weight, thus creating a need to hold down the hoods with hood pins, that are attached to the frame, slip through the hood, and use a cup like base to hold it pinned down. Just not fond of that myself. ;/

·
Registered
844 Posts
EDF: you forgot the 45HP of the 10lbs of vinyl ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow, I have never bad mouthed anybodys car on here before, but damn...you've got to be kidding me. What I see is a stock 1st Gen ES with AutoZone do-it-yourself, very poorly I might add, pinstriping shaped to form what are supposed to be flames, same pinstriping to form the word DODGE, very poorly I might add once again, on the rear quarter panels, block letters intended for mailboxes or address signs across your windshield, numerous stickers here and there, cuz, you know, they make you go faster....hood pins? Wow, I at first glance I thought you were driving a Winston Cup stock car, holy ****! It's a "Limited Edition" all right...#1 of 1, and for a damn good reason.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I agree with all of the above, but i noticed that if you look, he is standing in front of his roof, if you liio behind him, it almost looks caved a bit, like someone sat on it.... it may just be me, i donno....

·
Registered
652 Posts
ANd was there a 97 Limited ES R/T? if memory serves me right, no. Must be the vinyl and the hoodpins. Wait, Is it also a motorsports edition?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
PopolZ said:
EDF: you forgot the 45HP of the 10lbs of vinyl ;)

:blush: Oh my, am I ever embarassed.. I completely forgot about that part.

NIpple rings.... on a car.. geez. ;) Yours must be a *****, it has more than 2. I'd say that's good enough to make up for the parasitic loss of the tranny. ;)

Icy hot stuntaz, yeah!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, you people have some real issues.... I thought this site was for intrepid fans, not intrepid doggers... because none of the intrepids on this site are as original as mine, you think its cool just to talk it down?? Don't talk crap about my car, until you get to next it and race it!!!! I happen to have video taped proof beating a gt mustang, and many people who will back it up! I also happen to have the most respected car on west. tusc in canton, ohio which is the main street racing road... and coming in 2 weeks, is 75 shots of Nos..which will put my HP to 320+ ... then we will see who's talking.... when my car is as fast as it is, i have room to make it look like a ''winston cup car".....

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Silver Flame 320 said:
Man, you people have some real issues.... I thought this site was for intrepid fans, not intrepid doggers... because none of the intrepids on this site are as original as mine, you think its cool just to talk it down?? Don't talk crap about my car, until you get to next it and race it!!!! I happen to have video taped proof beating a gt mustang, and many people who will back it up! I also happen to have the most respected car on west. tusc in canton, ohio which is the main street racing road... and coming in 2 weeks, is 75 shots of Nos..which will put my HP to 320+ ... then we will see who's talking.... when my car is as fast as it is, i have room to make it look like a ''winston cup car".....
i dont really know what to say after that statement.:crazy:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The car looks like ass - nuff said.

Silver Flame 320 - We're not trep-doggers - we have just seen many people come and go that think they're 'da bomb' who aren't.

So what's the horsepower rating on the pinstripe kit? Got a turbo decal? :D

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Silver Flame 320 said:
So lets see this video. Put up or shut up.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Silver Flame 320 said:
Like I said, race me or kiss my ass...
why would any one drive 1000 miles for one race?
you need to relax a little.
your trep is unique so why care what others think? everyone has thier own tastes.
and most folks on here will let you know what their tastes are...opinion wanted or not.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.