DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
Alright... made a few changes. I guess my memory wasn't as good as I thought.
Pat, you put me under '03. I went in '04 :)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Pat, I was there in 2004 (and with an Intrepid, no less!)

Proof, courtesy of Scotts album for that year:

In front of the MS R/T:

In the upper right corner there, by the red jeep:

You know, it's odd. That damn 2000 Champagne SE gave me so much crap after the show (threw a rod in August), but I miss the ****er. We didn't own it, but it was technically my first car that got me to friends places, job interviews, Princeton Review... and oddly enough, I never got pulled over for the Georgia license that was nearly a year out of date, LOL. The thing had no insurance card or registration in it!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

:shocked: Who is this? I know y'all party hard, but I didn't know it was THIS hard. **Prepares defenses against peer pressure**

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Lol, only because of the graphite interior.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
We should have taken pictures of the great VW box-in on the highway 3 years ago. 8 Intrepids surrounding 1 VW Jetta for 3 miles, with my old 98 ES wrapping it up in the back. :)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
padredestino said:
Pat, I was there in 2004 (and with an Intrepid, no less!)

Proof, courtesy of Scotts album for that year:

In front of the MS R/T:

In the upper right corner there, by the red jeep:

You know, it's odd. That damn 2000 Champagne SE gave me so much crap after the show (threw a rod in August), but I miss the ****er. We didn't own it, but it was technically my first car that got me to friends places, job interviews, Princeton Review... and oddly enough, I never got pulled over for the Georgia license that was nearly a year out of date, LOL. The thing had no insurance card or registration in it!
I took pictures of your car, and don't remember you being there, awesome!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Padre you used to stay in Fulton County, GA?
No. The car was a company car for the company my dad works for, a salesmans car (just like my old ES, my Pontiac, my sisters old Regal, and her current Impala). The woman who runs the company car program is based in my dads office, so sometimes she has the cars moved closer to where she is. So, when my dad was taking some old office furniture for my sister in February 2004, he decided that I should test drive some cars since I had just gotten my license, and they let him borrow that 2000 SE. We were only supposed to be using it for a couple days, to see if I even wanted to get an Intrepid (we test drove the blue ES in November 2003, and then they gave it to another salesman in Connecticut until his Magnum was ready for delivery... took until Sept. '04 for that haha). So, they let us hang onto the SE instead of letting it sit in a parking garage for several months. It died in my hands (literally) because the guy from Georgia didn't change the oil for about 25,000 miles (bone dry when we got it at 54,000 miles!), and I managed to get 10,000 more miles out of it. It is because of this traumatic event (embarrassing as hell to drive something with one busted rod! it was still driveable and I had to use it to take my dog to the pet country club while we went on vacation... got the ES a couples after this vacation), that I have decided to NEVER purchase a car, especially a 2.7L, from a dude in Georgia (no offense Keith). It's also the reason that whenever I go to cars.com to see what LH's, W-bodies, and F-bodies are for sale near my house that I ignore all listings that either have SE or no trim level on them.

Damn, thinking about it now, if the flatbed that JoAnne (fleet manager) sent to pick up the car was a week or so later, I woulda had two Intrepids LOL.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Man just looked back thru the everyone's photos from last year and I can not wait to get back up there to do it all over again, minus the sitting in a bush and hulkster moments of course.

My friend Bryan still plans on coming but after a recent hospital visit has decided to give up drinking and smoking. Which I applaud him for being able to make that commitment and at the same time gives me a designated driver for the weekend this year......woohoo

My brother Rodney still plans on coming and can not wait to hang out and have a great time with the crew again.

My son (Sean) just turned 18 on Monday and stated that from the pictures looks like something he would like to attend this year (if he is not in summer school or working).

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Yeah we are all looking forward to hanging out in the parking lot with the two party rooms again this summer. You do know that my brother and I are getting a little static from our families as we will again be spending our birthdays (his the 7th and mine the 8th) with the DI.net crew and not at home with them. Just had to remind them that they we can celebrate after our return as it is only three days.....LOL

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hey it's better than getting static from the cops on your birthday for yelling an obscenity from the window of a Jeep... LOL oops good thing my 21st is gonna be AFTER the semester officially starts!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts