DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know that some of you know that I have been in the process of buying a home for a few weeks now. So I decided that enough of the construction was completed to show you guys a few pictures at this time. Hope you enjoy, BTW tell me how much you think this 1700sq ft home would cost where you live. I paid $115,000 here in Augusta, GA

BTW I still have to move in this week and the beginning of next week before going to CARLISLE!!!!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
considering Im an estimator for a home builder I can tell you that a 1700 sqaure foot Adult Active house starts around $245,000 in Southern NJ, around $240,000 in Central PA, and our 1500 sq foot Condos in Rehoboth, DE start at $440,000...

You don't even want to know what our Single Family homes start at...

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Congrats!! Welcome to the world of home ownership and rising property taxes! :biggrin: Nice little house! Looks cozy! Wait....where's the garage??!! :dunno:

Depends on the neighborhood around here. I bought mine last summer for $183,000 in a new development...not the preferred side of the valley, but it's nice...2600 sq. ft., of which 1300 is finished, with a full unfinished basement...just under 1/4 acre lot...about a mile from Rocky Mountain Raceways :biggrin:...More pics HERE!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks great! Nothing like getting a brand new house. Hope you had a good experience building. Seems like people either have a great experience or a horrible one. Fortunately, we had a good one.

That is about what you would pay around here (Tulsa, OK) for the same square footage.

Holy crap, Gaze.... you just keep those prices up there in the northeast. There would be a lot of homeless people if houses cost that much around here.

·
Registered
479 Posts
To quote the B/S/T King (a silver trepper with the initials KC for those of you that need a tip)

DAYUM!!

That is a beautiful home for 115, congratulations.
Your moving in present will be sent (sometime in the next 9 years) :wink:

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
and those prices are for Adult Active homes!!! 55 and older!!!

What kind of 55 and older person can afford that as a base cost?

Our 2800 sq ft Single Family homes in Jersey start at $550,000 and the same house in Dallas-Fort Worth Sells for about $185,000. That's the beauty of being the largest residentail homebuilder in the world... somehow we manage to sell these things!

·
Registered
931 Posts
1700 sq. ft for $115K! That's great! I just moved into a 2900 sq. ft. house in Orlando for $408K (5+ bed/4.5 bath/2 car garage) that was just built in December, but never lived in before. My parents house is about 1300 sq. ft and would probably sell for around $175-$200K these days (they bought it for $63K in 1988). Congrats on the new place

·
Registered
498 Posts
Moving to a 1200 square foot condo in queens, right on the beach, cost is 505k with a parking spot. Utilities are about $565 a month. Thats NYC for ya.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Is that $115k for land and house?

Something like that around here would start in the mid $600k.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A friend here at SDSU bought a fixer upper last year for $440K and felt he was lucky to get it. My house appraises for 600K, notice it did not say it was worth 600K, because I still can't believe someone would pay that much for an 1800 sg ft house, but they do, and it keeps going up. Great for you Keith

They call them Money Pits for a reason though.

Charles

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
The townhouse we rent at the moment, roughly 1000sq ft, would sell for almost $450k...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
ltrain01rt said:
1700 sq. ft for $115K! That's great! I just moved into a 2900 sq. ft. house in Orlando for $408K (5+ bed/4.5 bath/2 car garage) that was just built in December, but never lived in before. My parents house is about 1300 sq. ft and would probably sell for around $175-$200K these days (they bought it for $63K in 1988). Congrats on the new place
How come I didn't live in a new $400k crib when I was in college :eek:

Nice!

Keith, pics are blocked here, so I'll check it out at home later on. Sounds like a hella deal though!

My place is about the same exact size, with a garage and full basement below, and I have about the same exact amount tied up in it (front half built in 1948, completely renovated, and back half built in 2004). :D

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Wow, that's cheap. Same house would probably go for about $350k around here if built where I live. It's all about location.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Looks nice bro'

(I am in ducking mode now) I have (now) roughly 1900 sq ft...paid $55,000 originally, refied for $65 and some change...worth now about $90's Can't wait to sell in about 2 years. CHA-CHING!!!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
TJ said:
Holy crap, Gaze.... you just keep those prices up there in the northeast. There would be a lot of homeless people if houses cost that much around here.
Yeah. Housing is ridiculous up here in CT. Our house is 2200 sq.ft. My parents built it in 1994 for $225k. It is currently assessed at $475k. A bunch of wealthy people from NY moved into my area in CT driving property values through the roof. They just put in a golf course community for retirees and 2000 sq.ft houses on 3/4 acre are going for $450k+ and they can't build them fast enough. It is good if you want to sell, but if you have to live there and pay taxes it sucks. I live in a small farm town(or at least thats what it used to be) and there are some residents who have lived there for 60+ years and had to move due to the huge increase in taxes. It is really sad.

Anyway, nice house Keith, I bet you can't wait to move in!!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
That sq footage runs around $200k here in Charleston depending upon location. Prime locations mid 200s and subprime just under 2

I paid more for my 6 year old house with less sq footage. Damn the Charleston real estate market ! ! ! ! ! Now another reason to envy you

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
My place is about the same exact size, with a garage and full basement below, and I have about the same exact amount tied up in it (front half built in 1948, completely renovated, and back half built in 2004). :D
BTW, my taxes are <$1500 annually. :D

·
Banned
338 Posts
I got a 1728 sq ft house in Central IL

and It cost me $55,000 in 98, had it appraised 2.5 years ago at $58,000.

The house is 109 years old tho. If you really want an interesting experience, try remodeling a house that old. Lucky for me, one of the previous owners redid the electrical and plumbing about 25 or 30 years ago, so that wasn't too bad. So no fuses or old galvanized pipes thank God. And the kitchen is modern as well.

The big things that I need to do with the house is level the floors (which is gonna be a pain in the ass because the crawlspace is pretty tight) and replace the furnace and air conditioning, and rebuild both porches which I have the smaller porch half rebuilt.

AJ

1 - 20 of 108 Posts