DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey started this in the wrong area... so moved it here...

Hey guys I know this has been tossed around and some talk has been mentioned about members having them.. I know one modified a Neon one from auto meter I think.

but here's my question... I know the LH's were interchangeable but what about

2004-2007 Chrysler 300C

Came across this http://www.autometer.com/cat_mountsd...=1&mdl=97&gw=0

wondering if it would fit..

·
Registered
706 Posts
404 not found

·
Woober Goobers!
50,468 Posts
This?

I doubt the LX and LH pillar covers are the same width or height. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that's it... I imagine the length wouldn't be right but the molding curve is what I'm curious about... I have a black/slate pillar so it would match...

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
It wouldn't even be that close. I know Tom used a Neon SRT4 pillar to have a shop modify slightly to fit way back.

I could build one out of fiberglass really easily as well if I wanted one.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't even know where to start with building one out of fiber glass. Unfortunately my "tradesman Hands" are burned, scarred, calloused, and heat resistant (nerve damage). The fine motor skills and the patience it takes to make one... lets just say Epic fail.

I heard that someone used the SRT4 dash pod... with some modification... I think it might have been Mr Bige...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys came across this while searching for universal pillar mounts. What do you think?

Attachments

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Not bad, and the company seems to have tried hard to do the best you can with universal...

I seem to remember seeing a universal add-on part for pillars - the pillar interface part of the gauge pod was made of soft enough material that it would conform to different basic shape differences, and offer 2 or 3 pods for gauges...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found a site that selling them... got 2 for $60 & that includes shipping to Canada.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Get an AutoMeter SRT4 pod, and have it mated to an OEM pillar.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Meh... already ordered the two... and the nice thing about them is I can mount them anywhere.. they are quite versatile.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Meh... already ordered the two... and the nice thing about them is I can mount them anywhere.. they are quite versatile.
Versatility is nice, but they won't ever look like they belong. If you don't have the skills to make it yourself then it's a good DIY option.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Versatility is nice, but they won't ever look like they belong. If you don't have the skills to make it yourself then it's a good DIY option.
As I enter stage left :facepalm:

I'll post some pics when I install them... They had some called VDO cockpit royal that look a lot like the cluster gauges but were a bit pricy.

These are the ones I got from auto meter. Should look nice with the 300 cluster I have..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And these are the VDO ones from their Cockpit Royal series. Like said looks nice but a little too pricy for me at the moment...

Attachments

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
I prefer the full sweep guages

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
wasn't able to find full sweep with electrical sender.... Not a fan of having a nylon tube full of oil going into my cab... btw where did you get your pillar? is it universal or custom?

Quick question.. anyone know what size brass fittings I need to "T" split the OEM sender and new sender? 04 2.7L I know the switch is passenger side under the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man when it rains it pours lol... finally got my pillar pods, ordered them Feb 26.. opened the box, and only one was in there... :facepalm: called the store and they realized I paid for 2 and they only invoiced me for one...so they are shipping my second one today..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts