DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else tired of peopel that act like a CAI is a serious mod? Most of the people I know don't even list them as a mod.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no, I don't think my floormats are a serious mod.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm such a hypocrite

·
Registered
686 Posts
what the heck is/a CAI???

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
CIA= cold air intake.

No, I am not someone who lacks control of the english language, or some shut in 12 year old trying to pass himself off as cool and owning a vehicle.. trying to talk the talk. ;) Humour. :D

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Since when was it only "proper" to list "serious" mods????

What constitues a "serious" mod? If it adds 50 or more horsepower? If it adds .1G on the skid pad? If your braking distance decreases by 30 feet? If your 1/4 mile time improves by one second? Etc, etc, etc.

A CAI can add up to 15hp. I believe the L-intake was shown to add 12-15hp. To me that is a damn good mod.

·
Registered
686 Posts
CAI (thanks E.D.F.) is a serious mod when you build it yourself!!! When i build it, ya damn right im gonna list it.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Actually I think the man was referring to kids that get the cold air intakes on their civics, and think their car is the end all of all modded cars. Thinking their new single mod will allow them to pull hard around other vehicles and weave through traffic etc.

·
Registered
686 Posts
it dosen't take a civic to do that...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
Actually I think the man was referring to kids that get the cold air intakes on their civics, and think their car is the end all of all modded cars. Thinking their new single mod will allow them to pull hard around other vehicles and weave through traffic etc.
****! Everyone knows a spoiler, fart can, or Type-R emblem does that! With a CAI you can easily run 10s!

:D

·
Registered
686 Posts
you forgot lighted valve stem caps

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Goat said:
does anyone know how much it will cost me to get a sunroof in my '98? what's the usual price difference between a power and regular sunroof?
You might want to speak with Randy (Intrepid99)... he talked me out of it, buy giving me the cons. Trust me the cons outweigh the pros.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Warlord187 said:

Don't make me put the smack down on your ass next time I'm back in GR! :D
You won't put the smack down on me cause I wouldn't race you. I know when I can be beaten. :D

btw, I also do CAD Design. Laid off right now, but my place used to buy a lot of crap from Honeywell. One of the main gripes I have about your company is that I get the runaround everytime i call for tech support. Like I'll call and they'll say "oh oyu have to call this number" I'll call that number and they'll tell me a different number to call, and so on, and so on. But oh well. How often are you in GR?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and yes i was referring to the Civic boiz that act like a CAI is a Twin Turbo.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
96silverIntrepid3.5 said:

You won't put the smack down on me cause I wouldn't race you. I know when I can be beaten. :D

btw, I also do CAD Design. Laid off right now, but my place used to buy a lot of crap from Honeywell. One of the main gripes I have about your company is that I get the runaround everytime i call for tech support. Like I'll call and they'll say "oh oyu have to call this number" I'll call that number and they'll tell me a different number to call, and so on, and so on. But oh well. How often are you in GR?

Like most people at work, we bleed Bendix blue, not Honeywell red. :D

It looks like at most year's end I will be out of a job. The economy just sucks ass right now, especially for people who are only a couple of years out of college. :(

Anyways...I'm originally from the GR area (moved to the Detroit area in October 2000). I try to visit family and friends about once every month to month in a half. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts