DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all....this is my first post here....I have recently inherated a 97 3.3 intrepid from my father....there is a story so here goes....I was driving the car some while ago....and the shaft that holds the rockers broke and broke the head as well......si we got a mechanic friend to put a junkyard engine in.......start it up after its in an.....we get what we think is rocker/shaft nioise.......so....we got new shafts and new rockers for both sides.......but the noise is still there....now we think it is a piston slap.....my question is.....can I do anything to this car to quiet it down with out having to tear it apart again......and how long do you think it will last me?

thanks all

·
Registered
130 Posts
What kind of noise is it? I had a rattling noise a week ago and it turned out to be the water pump. Try running the running the car without the serpentine belt. If it still makes the noise without the belt, then its the engine.

Ofcourse, if you are already running the engine without the belt, then disregard what I said above :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try it......but I am almost 90% sure it is an engine ticking......almost like the old dodge 2.2L (shadow, sundance, K car)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts