1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the idea of using this stuff from a thread over on the SRTforums here:
Code:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f75/how-evo-bumper-mod-plasti-dip-585678
There's a few issues with the buy here pay here intrepid ES I got, but i'm working on it.
Here is some before & after pics of the side pillars.

Before:

After:

I'm happy with the results!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I like it!! Very clean looking.. did you remove the trim pieces to coat them..or how did you do it?

EDIT! .. nvm..I was wondering how you used the dip to paint.. I've never seen it in a rattle can..just the can that you DIP the tool handles into..

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
A little polishing compound (with a moist applicator) and elbow grease will produce the same effect.
Make sure you wax it afterwards!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hmm, interesting idea. I'd like to do mine, they are starting to look weatherworn, and I'd like to do the panel at the rear of the back door window. How does that panel attach, anyone know? I can't find any studs inside, do they snap or clip on? I'd rather take them off and repaint them. I might try this stuff for other parts though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it peels off easy if you want it off. But its strong enough to make it through the high pressure car wash here.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
i am so doing that!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hmm, interesting idea. I'd like to do mine, they are starting to look weatherworn, and I'd like to do the panel at the rear of the back door window. How does that panel attach, anyone know? I can't find any studs inside, do they snap or clip on? I'd rather take them off and repaint them. I might try this stuff for other parts though.
I want to take mine off and paint them too.. let me know if you find out how to take em off :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because if you dont want that look anymore you can peel it off instead of going through all the trouble masking to repaint it back the way it was before.

I did the front smaller fins in the grill & like how it turned out. Since I already had a can of the stuff theres no point in buying paint just for my mirrors and the pillars when this works fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts