DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remove the plastic 'rails' on the outside of the door? I've seen a lot of people remove the pinstripe but I was wondering if anyone went further and removed those rails from their doors in a 1st gen intrepid? The one on my driver door is cracked from the accident damage and it looks like its just two strips of glue/tape, holding it on there. Looks to me like it would give a smoother appearance. Anyone try this; how does it look?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If I were you I would make a thread asking for someone to photoshop them off of a pic of your car(or any 1st gen) to see how it would look.. that would be the easiest way

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
that many years and you are likely to have some paint fading. You can probably get them off but you may see a difference in paint color

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
You will be leaving yourself wide open for more door dings if you take them off.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks good Duds! I have two damaged doors on the drives side and the rails were easy to get off. A lot of glue tap under there but a little elbow grease took it right off. Surprisingly there was no discernible differed in pain color.
Can you post a picture, considering doing this as well.... If it looks good on a 1st gen I may follow through right before painting.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I took mine off and found paint bubbles under it. They will be going back on soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts