DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assumed Bosch's platinum +1 plugs would be ideal for my 96 3.3 trep, but after reading through some posts via the site search tool, this may not be the case. Can someone give me an example of some issues I may encounter using platinum as opposed to champion gold plugs. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I always thought the platniums were on ly a problem in first gen 3.5s since the 3.5's have an iron block, there are quite a few members with 3.3s who run platniums with no problem..... check out JE Electronics post in the general discussion on this

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

I re-read his post and it made a little more sense...apparently, using platinum is my 3.3 shouldn't adversely affect startup or anything else....much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have a 3.5, but I like sticking with what comes from the factory, you can never go wrong that way. I always go with Champion Coppers, and they are not that costly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eh

If I run into any problems with these I will definitely keep that in mind strongt...thank you both for your input.

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
From what I undertstand from the local dodge tech's I talk with, the platinum's are extremely bad for the coil pack and can cause premiture failure..

something to do with the resistance being different..

I run good old fashion champion coppers.. never had a single problem..

·
Registered
310 Posts
I actually just put Auto lite crappy plugs in my car and i'm not sure I like them, they actually made the idle smooth out for about 2 weeks but now it's back to business as usual. i may just go back to the champions myself.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
unseenspirit2000 said:
I actually just put Auto lite crappy plugs in my car and i'm not sure I like them, they actually made the idle smooth out for about 2 weeks but now it's back to business as usual. i may just go back to the champions myself.
I have also try Autolite's in the past, but they would not keep the gap that I set for more then acouple of weeks. I bet, when you pull your plugs, the gap's would be all missed up. I just stick with Champion Cooper's, and never had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Champion all the way will never give up problems and they are cheeap too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts