DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, been a while since I've been here but the 'Trep curse has finally reared it's ugly head in my garage and I'm stumped...

I have a 2000 Intrepid SE w/ 2.7l engine.

Today I was pulled over by the police because I had no taillights. Less than 6-months ago I replaced all the bulbs so I was shocked - to say the least. At that point that was the only thing wrong.

As I was checking fuses I think I screwed up something else because now nothing on the ACC curcuit works (i.e. Radio, Interior Lights, Power Mirrors, Power Locks (although the auto-lock at 15mph still works)). Everything on the BATT or IGN circuits still works fine (i.e. Horn, Lighter, Wipers, Power Windows, AC, Heater, Headlamps/Taillights, Turn Signals, Guage Cluster...).

Yesterday I had my window cracked open and a thunderstorm hit while I was away from the vehicle. I returned to a soaked seat and a wet arm rest.

Any suggestions on what to look for, what to try, what it might be? I've looked over all the fuses and all appear to be intact - although I couldn't find a general "ACC" fuse anywhere. I didn't check any of the breakers becuase I don't even know where to start looking.

I have an appointment at the local shop tomorrow that I'd love to cancel.

Please help!?!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Noone?

Where'd the mount the fusable link?

Someone have a wiring diagram for the ACC circuit?

No suggestions?

*cry*

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
try the search option on top of the page,, there might be something there,, id offer if i knew what i was talking about,, but electrical aint my line at all,, im the prince of darkness

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
How about checking the back of the fuse box to make sure all the plugs are plugged in securely......2 of mine came loose! You have to remove the driver's side plastic panel above your feet to gain access (2 screws on the side and a few clips hold it in place).

·
Registered
715 Posts
did you fuses/relays under the hood??? the inside cover will have a legend to tell you what is what.....hope this helps a little!?!?!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mlkmgr said:
did you fuses/relays under the hood??? the inside cover will have a legend to tell you what is what.....hope this helps a little!?!?!?
OMG... I can't believe I forgot about that box! No, I didn't check that... might be time to go outside and give that one a once over...

I was figuring that water dripped inside the fuse area on the side of the dashboard from the rain yesterday.

It's 2:30am so if that doesn't work I'll probably just call it a night.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I looked at the relay center and I'm lost. What was wrong with fuses? They have to use relays and giant black boxes? How the heck do you test all that?

What's the BCM thing I keep reading about in the forums? First I thought I had to pull the glove compartment to see it, then I read a thread that said on second gen's it's on the fuse block...

This really has me stumped.

Anyone know if all those parts (everything on the ACC circuit basically - power mirrors, radio, interior lights, trunk release, power door locks, odometer when vehicle is off) share anything in common? Also, when I start the car the horn sounds as though it's switching from ACC to IGN power.

Gah!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I did some searching for you..... read this thread, same exact problem.
Electrical Problem Answer
It ended up being "Fuse I" under the hood in the fuse/relay box.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wretched said:
I did some searching for you..... read this thread, same exact problem.
Electrical Problem Answer
It ended up being "Fuse I" under the hood in the fuse/relay box.
Hope that helps!
Wow... you're the bestest! If you didn't collect on the drinks from that guy and you're in Cleveland they're on me. I couldn't sleep last night so I was pouring over the forums for hours and missed that one.

The car's already at the mechanic so I haven't had a chance to try it out to see if it works or not but you're absolutely right, what he described is EXACTLY what is happening to me. Fuse I... I think I'm going to call the garage and have them take a look at that one.

Thanks! I'll let you know how that turns out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another satisfied DI.net customer

Thanks for your help everyone... Fuse I was it. :dance2:

In case anyone else has similar random problems:

Trunk release button failure
Manual power lock switch failures
-auto lock still works at 15 mph
Power mirror switches do not operate
Radio failure (depending on how it's wired, ACC functions will be dead)
Dome/Map/Courtesy lights out
Trunk light out
Odometer does not illuminate when door opened
-Odometer functions correctly when engine running, does not reset
Key in ignition - door open chime does not sound
All fuses in fuse panel are intact

Check Fuse I in the power distribution block under the hood before panicing and assuming it's the BCM - of course, if it's Fuse I you still need to figure out what made it blow (but if you were jabbing a screwdriver into the fuse block you probably already know what made it blow - it's still a mystery in my case, the garage was not able to find a cause although I think it was a water short).

Thanks again everyone - you're all great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts