DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 300m that been sitting in the driveway for 1.5 years. I really need to get this thing fixed and sold. I can't afford to have it towed right now, and have been trying to get it repaired myself. Hopefully someone here can let me know where to go next.

Right now, the starter turns over. This vehicle died on me, in the middle of the winter, while driving. It never responded to a jump. I don't have a check engine light, but all accessories seem to work.

What I've done so far:
- Replace the fuel line. (Thanks to DIMONE545, WEKAES, fduraibi and the other posters in another thread for this. There was a blockage in the quick disconnect near the fuel line.

- Clean & replace the battery. It's currently getting 12.6v on the posts & terminals. The old one had a bad cell.

- Like an idiot, replace the fuel pump. This was after I figured out how to check the fuel pressure.

- Swap out the fuel pump relay.

What should I look at next?:

ASD relay?
Crankshaft sensor?
Spark?
Battery cables?
The vehicle is up on cinder blocks, could I be having a ground issue?

I have an mp3 of the starter sound, but I can't post it yet because of newbie restrictions.

I will update soon, later today I'll be replacing the battery terminals, and buying a HEI spark tester, and some starter fluid.

Thanks,
DeliBoy

·
Registered
555 Posts
If or died on you I would check the timing belt to see if it is intact. If it IS NOT then that is your issue easiest way to check is to pull the drivers side timing belt civet by the alternator

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Strmvt, I'll look into the timing belt.

Other updates:
- I should have mentioned in the first post that the tank is 1/4 full with fresh gas.
- I replaced the positive and negative battery terminals. The wire inside was pretty corroded. I trimmed off the bad stuff and made a new connection, but this didn't seem to help.
- Shot a bunch of starter fluid in the air intake, but that didn't make a difference.
- Pulled of 2 of the plugs and coils and tested them with this a Lisle Inline Spark Tester. (I would post the URL, but I can't yet). Both plugs worked. This should rule out the starter as defective, right?

Thanks,
DeliBoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts